Noise that hens make after laying

This is a really funny thread. Too many funny posts to quote and post a
lau.gif
for!

my girls always sing after laying their eggs too, but you know what I have noticed also....my roosters all seem to want to join in the singing too
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
now that is hilarious
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
my golden 12 golden comets all lay with in 3 hours every morning,when one lays about 4-5 wants to help her brag,you can amagine what a racket that makes
gig.gif

That's it, all right.  Mine make 10 or 15 buk-buks before the BGAWK.  Sometimes one or even two others will do it, standing around in the coop,  while watching another on the nest laying.

One day one of my free rangers started making almost the same sound from in the woods.  (They never lay in the woods.)  Ran over just in time to see a fox slink off; she was obviously aware of him, hollering at him.  (Yes, we got him.)  So I'm guessing the predator alarm is similar; I really didn't hear a difference, just knew it was coming from the wrong place.

I'd have to agree, that the egg song and predator alert are very similar coming from my chickens. A couple months ago (before they started laying), I heard a bunch of noise from my chickens and went out to see what was going on. There were two baby raccoons hanging around the coop. I kept a close eye on them, and eventually they wandered off to find their mama.
When my birds finally started laying, I found myself constantly running out to check on them because of all the noise. I was worried another predator was in the area, but instead, I found that my chickens were just talking a lot about their eggs.
I have mostly Leghorns, five black birds that have a blue-green sheen to their feathers, and three or four that are cream colored or speckled tan/brown. I'm not sure what those other two breeds are, and one of them has only recently started laying as we just got our first brown egg. But I noticed that the Leghorns sure love to holler.

oh my god. my red is SCREAMING at me. i haven't found an egg yet so she is either eating them or a rodent is, but it is periodically thru the day the lady just freaks out, and does not stop, nervous about neighbors
hmm.png

it's AWFUL eh????? the noise that my red is producing, and i have yet to see an egg, is offensive and i have no idea what to do/why it's happening. worst part is that i have a silkie too who's super quiet and docile and when the red starts, the silkie tries to mimic, it's not a good change for the lil one

It can be quite loud for sure. Each of my girls (all different breeds) had their own unique song. All similar but distinct enough that I can tell who started it. But oh lord, when one starts up they ALL have to join in. it goes on and on and I start to wonder why it's just roosters who aren't allowed in city limits. I live in town and had a roo (who slept inside at night till after his morning crow) and he wasn't nearly as loud as my girls. Sweet lord! they can carry on so loud!

Back
Top Bottom