Noisy chicken!

rachel7

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 31, 2013
We have had our chickens for about a year and a half now, and the darker one has always been a bit of a talker, but lately she has been standing in the middle of the garden, literally screaming. We can't seem to stop her from doing it, she just runs off and stands in a different place and then starts up again. I have googled it and it sounds familiar to the "egg song". She's not broody as she is still laying. Does anyone know of anything to get her to stop? We are scared that she will annoy the neighbours, and we are seriously considering getting rid of them because she's so noisy!

We are scared that she will annoy the neighbours, and we are seriously considering getting rid of them because she's so noisy!

I'd say that's a great idea... Get rid of the neighbors so that way she can feel free to tell her chicken stories in peace. Haha!

We are scared that she will annoy the neighbours, and we are seriously considering getting rid of them because she's so noisy!

I'd say that's a great idea... Get rid of the neighbors so that way she can feel free to tell her chicken stories in peace. Haha!

The new neighbors will be far worse..offer the old ones eggs & money, lots of money.
big_smile.png

Haha I think that's a better idea lol. I went into the garden earlier but couldn't find her. She was sitting in her nesting box and was refusing to get off, so I'm thinking maybe she is a bit broody after all.. I'm going to try to keep her off it during the day to see if that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom