Noisy duckling!

jackie14

Hatching
Mar 21, 2016

Could anyone tell me what breed my duckling is? Also hes very loud if I get him a duckling friend will he become quieter?

It looks like a rouen to me. It's being loud because it wants mommies attention, mommy being you so if you got it a friends it may quiet down but it also may not and the other may star being loud too. It would probably like to have a friend though so it's up to you.

Yeah if it's calling for you that much the it bonded to you ( imprinted) and thinks your mom, I make sure to do that with all of mine and it's a lot of work giving them all the attention from the point they start wanting you to always be with them ( I've honestly just started including them in most of my activities) they'll stand outside the shower as I'm taking one, if I have school work they're right beside me ( try explaining duckling poo to a teacher) and if I'm just laying down they'll be sitting on my chest as I like watch Netflix or something so :). It all pays off in the end, even as adults they still want attention, but makes can get a little to friendly ( if you get my drift)

Last edited:
Ducks are happiest when they have pals of their own kind. A single duck, unless you spend gobs of time with it, can be a very lonely duck.

An unbreakable mirror can be helpful until a little buddy is found. And if you go that route, introductions need to be slow and careful. They need to be able to see each other first from opposite sides of a fence. Then give supervised time together, until you are sure they won't hurt each other. As cute and sweet as they are, ducklings can give each other a really hard time.

Hey I saw that you own some runner ducks recently we got a duckling to be a friend for our older duck which is 2 years old as her friend recently passed away who was the same age as her. The duckling is constantly making noise when she isn't sleeping and the noise gets louder when we leave her alone for example when I need to go to the toilet any advice on what to do as we want her to live outside when she is old enough but we are worried about our neighbours complaining about the noise as we have a lot of funny people on our street.

Ps even when she is sat with us she is still making the noise and we don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance
Beth

Back
Top Bottom