Noisy Hovabator fan

Alaskaduck

Songster
6 Years
May 1, 2017
Hi, anyone ever had their fan get really loud? I'm on day 19 with some duck eggs and when the fan turns off it makes a very loud vibrating sound. I'm worried something is wrong or will go wrong soon but so far temperature is maintaining.

Hi, anyone ever had their fan get really loud? I'm on day 19 with some duck eggs and when the fan turns off it makes a very loud vibrating sound. I'm worried something is wrong or will go wrong soon but so far temperature is maintaining.
Fans do go out and there is really no repairing then if the noise is internal----not the blades hitting something.

I can see it spins so maybe it rubs but the incubator is turning on and off much more frequently than before without a change in temp to warrant it

Check to make sure the screws holding it to the top haven't loosened up. You said when the fan turns off... does it not stay on for the duration of the hatch?

Check to make sure the screws holding it to the top haven't loosened up. You said when the fan turns off... does it not stay on for the duration of the hatch?
I got several Styrofoam incubators---most I added fans to. I was thinking the fan should be on the 1602 but its been a while since I used it that I just do not remember??

I meant when it cycles on with the heating element. It doesn't run unless the heating element comes on. That's normal.

Back
Top Bottom