Noisy Incubator???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, May 7, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok I got my incubator yesterday and it's been running for 24 hours now. I think it's quiet but hubby says it's driving him nuts. It's the hovabator 1588 and I hear a soft humm but that is it! lol Does anyone else thing theirs is noisy? Hubby wants to know that you all think? My son is deaf so he can't get in on the argument and then we have a 3 yr old who can care less! lol Those of you who have a 1588 let me know what you think [​IMG]

2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    The husband will always find something to complain about...LOL. Mine is in an unuse bathroom upstairs with the door shut and doesnt have a fan so it is totally silent. Maybe you could put it in a closet?

3. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    he's just thinking about it too much,

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Maybe you could put it in a closet?

I have actually thought of this but there is no outlet near by and I have to keep both it and the turner plugged in. And if I run an extension cord I can see the 3 yr old tripping on it! YIKES! 170 bucks down the drain if that happens.​

5. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Husbands always complain about everything even things that seem far fetched! He will get over it eventually!

6. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    I have 2 1588 and they do have a little humming one is just a bit louder than the other. Hey! anything that moves air is going to have a little, tell him to get over it! [​IMG] You rule the roost!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I have mine in the guest room and hubby likes to take a nap in there. He says the turner has a soft chugging sound like a train! But if the turner is off I can't really hear anything.

8. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    I have my 1588 in my room and it helps me go to sleep at night, I guess that just because I'm use to it. But it's not really a loud noise more like a hum.

edited because i just can't spell tonight [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  9. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    It does make alot of noise. But its the kind of noise that puts a person to sleep. Also I know its running if I can hear it. No wondering if the little boy has unpluged it.

10. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup, it's noisy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by