nOOb in Washington

YoDaddy

Hatching
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
Hi all! Another new intro. from a family in Washington State. It's great to be here and this is a very cool and informative site.

1) ARE YOU NEW TO CHICKENS / WHEN DID YOU FIRST GET CHICKENS?

We are brand new to chickens. Long story short.....We were adopted by a bedraggled looking Rhode Island Red who just started hanging around the house. At first we ignored her, then we started throwing out bread and cereal once in awhile. Next thing you know we are down at the feed store buying her food and making a trip to Home Depot so I can build her a coop. Now she looks beautiful and lays once a day for us.

2) HOW MANY CHICKENS DO YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW?

Currently we have the afformentioned Red (we dubbed her Clucky McCluckerson) and three new baby chicks. We plan to pick up 3 more this week.

3) WHAT BREEDS DO YOU HAVE?

2 Rhode Island Reds and 2 Buff Orpingtons. The plan is to get an Americana, a Plymouth Rock, and a Silkie for my wife. (These are just pets with egg's as a benefit)

Wonderful Pets!!!
welcome-byc.gif

4) HOW DID YOU FIND OUT ABOUT BACKYARDCHICKENS.COM?

Trying to find out info on the internet onece we decided to actually go for it.

5) WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR OTHER HOBBIES?

Off-road motorcycle racing, snow skiing, disc golf, hunting, hanging out at the cabin

6) TEL US ABOUT YOUR FAMILY, YOUR OTHER PETS, YOUR OCCUPATION, OR ANYTHING ELSE YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE.

Mom, Dad, and Daughter (7 y/o) , We have a monster 2 y/o mutt named Bodhi (120 lbs of fun), I'm a mixer driver and that is about it.

Back
Top Bottom