NOOOOOO!

wbruder17

Songster
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Portland, OR
I opened the door to my chicken coop and one of my Red Golden Pheasants was hanging out in there. He flew at me instead of away from me and got out. He flew away and I couldn't find him anywhere, not like I could have caught him if I found him.

I am SOOO Unhappy. I mean, this is really upsetting and im so sad. His little buddy doesn't know what to do without him. I hope he gets hungry enough to come back. Goodbye, but only for now, I hope,:(

Stupid! Stupid! Why wasn't I more careful??

Shucks, I feel for you.

One of my NYD hatch Icelandics 'flew' out of the grow out pen today when I opened the door.
Thankfully, he was missing his buddies enough, he came back and let me catch him.

SO, we'll pray and keep our fingers crossed for ya!
fl.gif

Well, he really flew. And I couldn't find him anywhere, tho my area has lots of trees and brush.

He was raised from hatching with my other Red Golden and they are bonded buddies. He has been with me for almost 2 years, since he was a few months old, and so I'm hoping he gets hungry and lonely and comes back. If he didn't fly too far, he should be able to hear my roos and find his way back if he wants to. I really hope he comes back.

im sorry. that really sucks. same thing happened to me couple of days ago. opened the door and my female golden pheasant bolted. glad to know im not the only one.

Sorry to hear of the escape. I think if you've had him in the same place for almost 2 years and you have other birds there he will probably show if something don't get him first. It might be a good idea to start thinking of ways to capture him if and when he does come back. Please keep us posted and "GOOD LUCK"

Good luck and I hope he comes back. I don't know where you live, but it might have a hard time finding enough food and come home.

Aw, I am so sorry to hear about that. How sad.
hit.gif

I am totally new to chickens and all this so I am guessing these guys do not free range? At first I thought you were talking about a chicken but then I read it
is a pheasant so I am thinking they have to stay inside huh? So sorry. :(

That sucks. I really hope you get him back. It's happened to me a few times to me, with my Silvers and peafowl. They both came back tough. I hope you have as much luck as I did. Keep us updated.

He still might show back up,especially if he hears your other birds ands feeln lonely.Iv had that happen a few times over the years also.Two different times,iv lost a Temminicks Tragopan hens.Once,opened the door and she flew past me,another,my dog dug a hole under the pen and the bird squeezed out.Last i saw of them was flying into the woods.Had an Ijima Copper get out once and was gone for five days then just showed up one day walking on the pens.Hope you find him.

Back
Top Bottom