NOOOOOOOO

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SuperChicken007, Aug 31, 2008.

1. SuperChicken007

SuperChicken007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Trapped in my computer
    My dog had a nervous breakdown and had to be put to sleep since he could hurt someone [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Gazinga

Gazinga Chook Norris

first off, im so sorry for your loss!

second, i have questions.
    nervous breakdown? what happened?

who made the call to put him to sleep? that seems a bit extreme for a nervous problem?

3. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I've never heard of such a thing, either. Details?

4. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I am so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

Unfortunately dogs are very prone to many of the same health issues we are and stress plays a very important role in this. My divorce years ago was very stressful and my dog suddenly started having seizures. The vet said that the stress caused epilepsy and he had to take anti-seizure medication for the rest of his life.

So unfortunately things like this can happen and they just snap. I'm sure it was a very difficult decision but probably for the best.

Again, my sympathies to you and your family.

5. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    I feel your loss. I too recently had to put down a Jack Russell Terrier that was an extremely affectionate little doll. Except she started having violent episodes that made her dangerous. So I know that dogs can have mental issues. Making the decision to put her down was heartbreaking but necessary. Take comfort from the knowledge that you did the right thing and don't let the opinions of others cause you a moment of regret. You took the only responsible option available. God bless

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I am SO sorry for your loss!!!:aww

Some years ago I had a cat have that happen. The vet said he was having small brain bleeds, he began to hallucinate and attack things that weren't there. What looked funny at first became dangerous as he forgot who we were....
    [​IMG]

I am sorry.[​IMG]

7. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I am so sorry for you and your dog.

I had this happen, also, to a golden retriever. She was getting steadily worse with her nervousness - she would chew the pads off her feet it got so bad.

We had to put her down when she became violent, too. She was the sweetest dog before that, too - best behaved dog I ever had. The vet was at a loss as to what to do with her - he said he'd never seen a dog chew their own feet pads off before.

Sometimes there is simply nothing else to be done [​IMG]

Peace -
    Meriah

8. chicksinthemachine

chicksinthemachine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    I am so sorry you had to do that I know how heartbreaking that can be, I have 2 dogs I know in the future will have to be put down also. One with hip problems(a mastiff) and with mental issues as well. In her previous post she said the dog could harm someone so I would assume that is why her family came to that decision.

9. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    [​IMG] :aww

10. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    What?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by