Nope!

Here are the two little fuzzy buns that hatched out last week in the Octagon 20. Both have an EE roo father, one has a SLW mama hen and the other a Barred Rock mama hen. Cant wait to see how they feather out. Now waiting on the turkey eggs set the same time as the chickens, due this Sunday.

Just free of the egg and catching her breath for a moment.
58107_kylesbloggiepics_060.jpg
[/img]
Two peeps ready to move to the brooder.
58107_kylesbloggiepics_071.jpg
[/img]
Edited to add the peeps once out of the bator:
58107_may_355.jpg
[/img]
Will post on FB also...

Last edited:
Left my rails in because I have turkey eggs in there too and did not want to have little chicks rolling them all over the place
wink.png
Not sure on the official answer though.

Quote:
I wanted to try this out so I have one Incubator with the rails still in and one where I layed everyone flat on the tray. I had to help a chick who got cought in the rails this afternoon. Other then that, They are both hatching the same with no real problems either way.

I take the rails out -- do not want to hinder the little guys from getting out!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

two of the
jumpy.gif
are shipped eggs!!!

three more eggs have pipped

total of 9 more to hatch!

pictures coming soon.
smile.png

I have a hatch of 12 Serama eggs due on 5-25-11. I just noticed that my incubator hasn't changed position or everytime i look at it, the position has been the same. Hope my egg turner hasn't broke already. The incubator and turner are less than 3 weeks old!:(And I hope my eggs aren't bad from not turning.

3 Runner ducklings hatched today! 15 eggs are in there total with 8 more pips.

16143_may_2011_030.jpg

They are NOT mine though-hatching for a friend that "says" he cannot get 1 to hatch. Well, he gave me 17 eggs and I had 15 with definite movement on lockdown. He must need a Brinsea!

Status is the same since 1 o'clock... so hard to sit on my hands.
So, I'll post some pictures!!!
77670_gumpsgirl_chicks_006.jpg

and two shipped eggs that hatched, and one from my flock:
77670_gumpsgirl_chicks_018.jpg

now to facebook...

Last edited:
Last couple of days have been crazy. The Bob Whites have been hatching. Thank god. I thought I'd killed them when the humidity went way up. I have the 40 DX. It has 2 racks inside it well one rack was hatching good but the other side wasn't . So I flipped sides & sure enough the other side started hatching. I was worried because while I was adjusting the racks & humidity I was taking out iddy's etc. I had the top off for awhile. I said to myself this isn't good. But got up this morning & unloaded the biddy's & had a mess of little buggers. I'm not sure how many yet. I'll get the final tally soon along with photo. I did purchase the new Brinsea grande brooder. It's so much easier than those stinking heat lamps. No more heat lamps YEE HAW.

Back
Top Bottom