Nor Cal Noobie

Chew593

Songster
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
1 hour north of Sacramento, CA
I've been a member of BYC since last year when my neighbors renegade hen started laying eggs in my doghouse. My dogs did nothing about the intrusion, in fact I think they encouraged it. Well, I didn't know what to do but I was so excited! She gave us a glorious dozen or so eggs then went home.
Too late, I had the bug. For the last year I've been plotting and planning and getting things ready and yesterday we went to TSC and picked up 6 pullets and 1 RIR. I was like a new mommy last night going to the laundry room every few hours to check on the new babies. I think they fared better then I. They seem healthy and happy and are eating and drinking well.
I know I'll have questions and I'm so glad you all are here.

welcome-byc.gif
From another norcal newbie. Where is a TSC? I didnt know we had any here, I always see the posts about it in the midwest but don't know of any here.

Congrats on your chickies! Is the RIR a pullet too? What kind are the others?

Nancy

I'm near Yuba City about an hour north of Sacramento and there is a Tractor Supply Co. in Yuba Cirty. Where are you located?
The RIR might be a pullet. The were mixed. And I don't know what my 6 girls are they were just advertised as Pullets. I would add an image, but I don't know how.
Any suggestions?

In in Auburn.

If you go up to the top of the page, and click on the blue bar where it says "upload" it will bring up another page where you
can browse your files on your computer. Find the picture you want
to post and click "submit" It will upload your photo and give you two links. Copy the second link and post that link in your message to post a pic. Post the pics in the breed/gender section here and ask what they are. Many of the people here are very well versed in determining breed.

Nancy
smile.png

thanks! I'll do that. You're not too far from us. My husband and I have friends that we ride motorcycles with and we find ourselves in Auburn quite a bit. Love it there. How long have you had chickens? How Many?

Cool , I ride too
smile.png
Do you guys come up for Fast Fridays?

I have 9 chickens and am in the process of hatching some coturnix quail. Have had chickens the last 3 years and also when I was a kid.

We'll have to get together sometime.

Nancy
smile.png

We just got the Harley last year (had a Honda before that) and we've never been there for Fast Fridays (not even really sure what it is... mini ralley?) Would love to go sometime. Let me know the next time they have one and if the weather permits we'll head up the hill. Maybe we can meet for coffee or lunch.
cool.png

20760_welcome.jpg

[COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom