Normal Feet or Scaly Leg Mites? Please help!

Pics
No, not unusual, when I had a hen laying soft eggs I would bring her in and hold her in a bowl of warm water with epsom salts, to clean her vent area, she loved it and would also doze off. I would talk gently to her while soaking for anything up to 20 minutes, she loved it, then wrap a towel round her to dry off most of the water, then give her the hair dryer treatment. Sadly she is no longer with us.

No, not unusual, when I had a hen laying soft eggs I would bring her in and hold her in a bowl of warm water with epsom salts, to clean her vent area, she loved it and would also doze off. I would talk gently to her while soaking for anything up to 20 minutes, she loved it, then wrap a towel round her to dry off most of the water, then give her the hair dryer treatment. Sadly she is no longer with us.
I am very sorry for your loss...❤️

Part of life is death, something we all have to deal with at some time or other. She was a sweet little hen, out of the original eight I had she was the last one. There were about four of them I think, that used to squat for me, so I'd pick them up and give them all a cuddle tucking their head under my chin and murmering softly to them.

Part of life is death, something we all have to deal with at some time or other. She was a sweet little hen, out of the original eight I had she was the last one. There were about four of them I think, that used to squat for me, so I'd pick them up and give them all a cuddle tucking their head under my chin and murmering softly to them.
I have many sweet hens & 10 Roosters I can scoop up & hug like that, they are wonderful. ❤️

She may attack you out of nowhere trying to establish dominance. I had a guinea do that, and also had chickens rip off my scabs and tried to rip my moles off. Also be careful with her eating jewelry or anything metal or generally inedible. One of mine almost ripped a button off my shirt.
I noticed out of my various breeds, the Rhode Island Red hens peck the most & peck hardest, not to be mean, they're just full of exuberance & don't do anything slow or calm. When holding any of them, the immediate "toy" to peck is the zipper on my hoodie, they go nuts over it, keeps them occupied the entire time I carry them or they sit on my lap, & it makes me laugh, they'll peck then actually tug on it. When I garden with my flock, the RIRs also are the most industrious diggers, dirt goes flying! They are hilarious. 😂

Back
Top Bottom