Normal? Or sick silkie?

Gammas Bearded Babies

Crossing the Road
May 24, 2021
Middle Tennessee
Vanilli is 9 wks old...my sweetheart of the flock! I noticed she wasn't dust bathing with the others but sat outside sorta just laying there this morning.
This evening this is what she did...several times...almost like when they were a few days old n would just fall over asleep!
Then when she got up at my coaxing, she had a clear gel like runny poo with a little bit of normal within it...but mostly clear!
Any idea as to what maybe going on or is this all normal?

Keep an eye on her. It is not normal behavior if she is doing it often. Is she drinking? Has she been eating? Do you have photos of the poo? Was there any blood in it?

I’m hoping some others chime in soon, but make sure she is also not getting over heated. How often has she been going outside ? Do you have any plants near by that could be toxic ?

Have you given her any electrolyte water? I would mix that up and add some honey to it and see how she does. I buy this, have you seen her eat? does she get to eat when the other chickens do or after?
2183456.jpg

@esme13 she is drinking and acting fine otherwise...she didn't dust bathe with others in my garden...so I was actually more concerned about them since it has fertilizer n stuff in it.
I didn't take photos of poo cuz I wasn't sure that was allowed on here.
No blood...it did have a little bit of fecal to it but mostly clear gel like stuff.
Mine have a been outside for past 2 months. I give them frozen watermelon or frozen strawberries along with ice in their water. No toxic plants they could get into.
She's up and moving around again today like normal. But we've got awful thunderstorms and blowing rain so they got wet...not good since she already was concerning me.

She is eating and otherwise acting normally. I will do electrolytes today!
If she is eating and drinking and pooping ok, I wouldn't worry to much, I have had younger chickens lay in the dirt and take a nap, I though they were dead, I rush to the run and gave her a poke, and she looked at me like ,,,,WHAT??? hahahahha

If she is eating and drinking and pooping ok, I wouldn't worry to much, I have had younger chickens lay in the dirt and take a nap, I though they were dead, I rush to the run and gave her a poke, and she looked at me like ,,,,WHAT??? hahahahha
This is what the breeder I got them from told me to use...I got it but can't remember what all he said to use it for.
Any ideas? Yall ever heard of it

Attachments

• JPEG_20210710_085233_2887806735341372788.jpg
    JPEG_20210710_085233_2887806735341372788.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom