Normal? Or sick silkie?

She has started losing weight now...she has always been bigger than my other white silkie...and now she's considerably smaller.
Are there any other signs/symptoms I should be looking for to see what is going on with her?
She is eating, drinking and acting normal.
Several of them have runny poop...but not everytime and it hasn't been clear like hers was...ther was a could white runny and then green runny poop from several of them.
Is there any meds I'm supposed to give them as the get certain ages or worming or anything?

Last edited:
Are the other silkies growing and just are bigger than her ? She might have slowed down growing. As long as you see her eating and drinking , that remains important. What are you feeding the chicks ?
Do you have photos of both ?

She has always been larger than the other white one...thenother white one hasn't just grown huge...Vanilli is considerably smaller just these last few days.
I feed them all Dumont 20% chick starter/grower...before that they were on 24%.
I'll try to go get pics of her n the other white one now.

I can't get a good pic now and I don't have one of them together weeks ago either to really reflect the concern.
Milli is in the left and Vanilli is on the right. Instead of Vanilli bring filled out in side behind her wings she is sunk in... Milli is all filled out and Vanilli was a week ago and has always been larger.
20210716_145530.jpg
20210716_145821.jpg

Last edited:
As long as vanilli is eating and drinking that remains the most important. I do see the feathers look a little ragged. It is possible that some of the other chicks could be the cause of the feathers looking brittle. They tend to square each other , in order to show who is the leader. And it could be congenital. For right now just continue to monitor the food and liquid intake.

this is a good link to show the different kinds of poos chickens can have. https://guidefreak.com/understanding-chicken-poop/

Back
Top Bottom