North Carolina Back Yard Chicken Lover - Quixotess

I started taking care of chickens about ten years ago. I bought a dozen from Tractor Supply and half of them turned out to be roosters. Needless to say, I ordered chickens after that! I had a stroke several years ago and my chickens have been a huge part of my recovery. They gave me a purpose to get up and out daily.

Right now I have ten hens and two roosters. The roosters were born and hatched an my backyard farm. Unfortunately, it is time for me to stop raising chickens. I am hoping someone who loves chickens and roosters will take them and love them as much as I do.

My chickens are a mixed breed at this point. I have bought and been given different breeds over the years. They lay White, Brown, and Blue/Green eggs.

I am a creative person and that has resulted in my having a plethora of hobbies. I also love to figure out solutions to problems and sometimes even inventing things as a solution.

I found this website while trying to find a way to get my girls and boys a new, loving home. Do you know someone near me (Greenville, NC) that might want some good pets?
Welcome to BYC!! Sorry you have to give up your chickens.. I believe there is a thread for each state, try posting there.

Back
Top Bottom