North Carolina

3xhhheather

Songster
May 8, 2020
Central NC / 7B
Ancona Drake - Triangle Area, NC - Willing to Travel

Hey Hey! I have a 4mo old Ancona drake that needs a new home. He's a goofy little thing, but he's only interested in one hen and the others beat up on him. He's around 6lbs, an excellent flier, and just a tad bit skittish, but in line with the breed description.

Can post videos of him walking around :)

Attachments

• ancona-pic.png
    ancona-pic.png
    576.5 KB · Views: 3

3KillerBs

Crossing the Road
11 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
Drying out finally here in selma. Got a couple young girls laying now but my older girls are still holding out. Got 20 in a brooder and about the same in incubator and waiting on some mail order eggs to arrive soon. Think we will be needing another coop.

We're salvaging wood from an old shed back in the woods to build our new coop then I'm going to be ordering a lot of chicks.

3xhhheather

Songster
May 8, 2020
Central NC / 7B
How are my fellow North Carolinians doing?

I've got 4 out of my 5 ladies laying now.

Been loving the respite from all the rain we've been having, but oh look...it's back again today. My girls are on to me, so they've been moving nests and hiding eggs all over 🙃 but all 5 ducks are laying, still waiting on the golden goose egg to appear.

Have a rooster about 8 months old. Been pretty mellow up to now. He has become very protective of the 8 hens and recently starting lunging at us. It may be a stage not sure but we have grandkids that visit and do not want to take a chance with him.

Attachments

• 309AF876-873B-4ABA-BCFD-EC6193D4E8D3.jpeg
    309AF876-873B-4ABA-BCFD-EC6193D4E8D3.jpeg
    829.9 KB · Views: 2

Top Bottom