North Carolina

Didn't see any plants of any sort, but we didn't stay that long.  And I didn't really look around me that much at the people.  I was too busy trying to find a place to stand without getting my cane kicked out from under me!
its crouded there and everything is cheap good for buyers bad for sellers and I saw a few sick birds too the last friday I went I pointed a white roo out that was dieing in the box and they took it down, a bunch of nice people though

Well, I went to the auction in Star and took several 3 month old cockerels to sell. They treated me like I was stupid and kept asking my poor clueless husband questions about MY birds. I told them that the one was a rhode island red/ barred rock mix. They told me that it was "obviously" a blue laced red wyandotte. Sorry, but I actually have blue laced red wyandottes and he was definitely NOT one. I told them that but they still sold him as a BLRW. They sold my Easter eggers as Araucanas too. Even so, I still only got about $4 each. On the plus side, I didn't see any sick animals there though. Next time I want to go to an auction, I'll probably try a different one.

I had the worst day today. I came home and rushed to feed the birds and unfortunately all the cages needed their water refilled and that's always a huge pain to do. Finally, I finished and remembered I had to collect the eggs from the nest box, cause i didn't want to leave them out in these temperatures.

I stuck my head into the coop and saw some black shapes inside the box, I had no idea what they were until my hand got close to the box that's when i heard a bunch of hissing. It was two snakes inside the box eating the eggs. At first I thought they were rattlesnakes, they sounded like it.

Long story short, one got away and I killed the older one. Then i had to clean the coop which made me late for an appointment with a client. i really need to clone myself or something so i can be everywhere at once.

Last edited:
so I know a lot of times there are about monthly flock swaps here in NC. since today is june first I KNOW there had to be one coming up!

ive come to the conclusion I have to sell one of my beautiful 6 month old roos......they fight all the time and thought it would be fun to fight with their daddy today while free ranging. I want to know the trick of the trade from you all to how you can keep so many roos together? LOL

anyways, I need to get some information on the upcoming swap......do I need to be registered?

for most swaps there is no need to register but it is a good idea to have
your green card from the state boys.....and those are free. I will say
some swaps close down for the summer but some do keep going.......
check into your local swap to see what they do and good luck
wink.png

thanks coop! but call me stupid....what is a green card?

AND if anyone is interested in a beautiful bantam standard mixed roo, about 6 months please let me know! he is very good with his girls and is very active with them....LOL. he makes sure all are in the coop at night and he frequently checks on them. he has a beautiful Japanese bantam tail, inherited from his daddy! please let me know if interested! PM me! I don't have enough room in my coop for this beautiful boy and my other boy just feels its important to fight with him....im doing this for his and my own good....PLEASE he needs a wonderful caring home quickly!

thanks coop! but call me stupid....what is a green card?

AND if anyone is interested in a beautiful bantam standard mixed roo, about 6 months please let me know! he is very good with his girls and is very active with them....LOL. he makes sure all are in the coop at night and he frequently checks on them. he has a beautiful Japanese bantam tail, inherited from his daddy! please let me know if interested! PM me! I don't have enough room in my coop for this beautiful boy and my other boy just feels its important to fight with him....im doing this for his and my own good....PLEASE he needs a wonderful caring home quickly!
Good morning folks
frow.gif

It promises to be a warm one today so be careful and
keep the critters watered and cool. Marans are not a breed
known to be broody but we have been blessed with not one
but 2 broody Marans who refuse to get off the nest for the
better part of 2 months now so last night they both got new
chicks to play mother too........had to do something as they
were getting rather thin.
th.gif

Bantambury.........the green card is the paperwork/card that
you get from the state saying you are okay to sell birds,eggs