North Carolina

I believe I've gotten some of cwhittington flock...

While out with the farrier on Friday, I got some decent pics of some of the boys free ranging on our "sand paddocks"... The hawks were out in force (at least 5) and I hadn't meant for the boys to free range especially since I had an appointment i had to get to, in town, 30 miles away right after the outdoor pony appointment! But it all worked out, and we found out that the boys will return to their hoop tractor when someone else feeds and lets them back in (they haven't figured out going back thru their "pop door" of a bucket yet). So they lived another day to be MY dinner, LOL!!

They are beautiful and I really enjoyed watching them while handling ponies.

And one of "Riddler" a 10 day old Shetland pony colt seeing the chickens up close and personal for the first time. Missed the 2 shots where he stretched out his nose and got gently pecked, and he leaped backwards/reared into his dam (mother) as if saying "..it's gonna EAT me!"...

and a picture of Riddler (see the backwards ? mark on his forehead? - My Marvel Comics family named him) with his dam (mom) at 2 days of age with the Roo tractor in the background and a pic of a friend when she saw Riddler for the first time (comparison on pony sizes) this time with the Pullet tractor behind them.

and as if Friday hadn't been busy enough, I'd contacted Naliez about the two pullets she had.

So from my Dr appointment in Lillington, I drove down to Fayetteville and picked up the two Australorp pullets she had. Got them home and got them settled by them selves in the empty coop tractor before I finished the pony/chicken feeding chores.

The only two pictures I have at the moment!

Now more research on a new breed for me! Prretty girls, don't you think?

and as if Friday hadn't been busy enough, I'd contacted Naliez about the two pullets she had. https://www.backyardchickens.com/u/350483/naliez So from my Dr appointment in Lillington, I drove down to Fayetteville and picked up the two Australorp pullets she had. Got them home and got them settled by them selves in the empty coop tractor before I finished the pony/chicken feeding chores. The only two pictures I have at the moment! Now more research on a new breed for me! Prretty girls, don't you think?
Well, I do but I'm a little biased. ;)

I believe I've gotten some of cwhittington flock...

While out with the farrier on Friday, I got some decent pics of some of the boys free ranging on our "sand paddocks"... The hawks were out in force (at least 5) and I hadn't meant for the boys to free range especially since I had an appointment i had to get to, in town, 30 miles away right after the outdoor pony appointment! But it all worked out, and we found out that the boys will return to their hoop tractor when someone else feeds and lets them back in (they haven't figured out going back thru their "pop door" of a bucket yet). So they lived another day to be MY dinner, LOL!!

They are beautiful and I really enjoyed watching them while handling ponies.

And one of "Riddler" a 10 day old Shetland pony colt seeing the chickens up close and personal for the first time. Missed the 2 shots where he stretched out his nose and got gently pecked, and he leaped backwards/reared into his dam (mother) as if saying "..it's gonna EAT me!"...

and a picture of Riddler (see the backwards ? mark on his forehead? - My Marvel Comics family named him) with his dam (mom) at 2 days of age with the Roo tractor in the background and a pic of a friend when she saw Riddler for the first time (comparison on pony sizes) this time with the Pullet tractor behind them.

Ohhh, what a beautiful baby!!! <3

Glad to see the boys all doing well. Now I'm struggling with which of the remaining pullets I'm going to be willing to let go, ha!

Well hello everyone. I am Christine, I live in Asheville at the moment and if everything goes right we will be moving to Hendersonville (closer to Flat Rock area) in the next few months. We are buying 1 ac of land and hoping to get a few chickens, ducks and 2 geese. I have been doing some research on raising them (love pinterest). I think my kids will love having them. I have 4 kids total, 3 still at home. Ages 22, 14, 10, and 3.

I would like to have 1-2 roosters, just not sure if we can have them. Our land has no restriction, no neighbors right next to us. No neighbors right next to us.

Anyways. I look forward to chatting and getting to know everyone.

welcome-byc.gif
new flocker.

Well hello everyone. I am Christine, I live in Asheville at the moment and if everything goes right we will be moving to Hendersonville (closer to Flat Rock area) in the next few months. We are buying 1 ac of land and hoping to get a few chickens, ducks and 2 geese. I have been doing some research on raising them (love pinterest). I think my kids will love having them. I have 4 kids total, 3 still at home. Ages 22, 14, 10, and 3.

I would like to have 1-2 roosters, just not sure if we can have them. Our land has no restriction, no neighbors right next to us. No neighbors right next to us.

Anyways. I look forward to chatting and getting to know everyone.

Welcome! I love your profile pic!

Back
Top Bottom