North Carolina

Wayne County here I have dark brahmas and Japanese bantams (white black tips). I have been searching for more brahmas, light or dark to add to my flock. Anyone have any they will sell? Preferably around 2 years old or younger. I am also very interested in showing them and wanted to know if anyone close has experience showing poultry that wouldn't mind sharing their wisdom !

Wayne County here I have dark brahmas and Japanese bantams (white black tips). I have been searching for more brahmas, light or dark to add to my flock. Anyone have any they will sell? Preferably around 2 years old or younger. I am also very interested in showing them and wanted to know if anyone close has experience showing poultry that wouldn't mind sharing their wisdom !
Sorry, no, I’m doing Javas. But welcome and good luck with your Brahmas. I, too, am looking for poultry shows near my area.

Sorry, no, I’m doing Javas. But welcome and good luck with your Brahmas. I, too, am looking for poultry shows near my area.

Thanks! I have found a few shows but seems 2 out the 4-5 shows are for bantams. Apparently nc isn’t big on chicken shows, just by guessing I think the NC state fair is biggest show for NC.

Poultry shows in the south are going to be mostly bantams. Some shows have stopped taking Large Entries because of the lack of Large Fowl in the south. Just not a lot of LF breeders around this area. The LF numbers have gone up at shows the last few years, but still not a lot.

https://www.poultryshowcentral.com/
Is a good place to find shows in specific areas.

If you are wanting to know about breeds that are bred to the APA or ABA standards then, sorry to say, fairs are a waste of time.

Most exhibition breeders left BYC several years ago. Most breed clubs have a facebook page and there are a lot of groups on there that can help those interested in exhibition poultry. Just be warned there are some of so called high and mighty people that are just full of themselves. Don't let those discourage anyone. There are more that will help new people.

Back
Top Bottom