North Carolina

So I might get to go to Morganton. Who else is going and is there a place that BYC'ers are meeting up? Maybe we could wear BYC tags/pins. I really hope I get to meet some of yall!
HenThymes that boy is just beautiful
love.gif
I love blue colored chickens! If my silkies were older I'd take him.

We have a new addition to the family a very cute lionheaded rabbit 10wks old, got to find him a girlfriend, hehe.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Quote:
I will be attending. Don't know about any particular BYC meetup area

Me - I will be hard to miss. LOL I will be wearing a light colored shirt with a pair of silkies on them "Got Silkies" under the picture and I have red and black hair
wink.png
will also be followed by a little blonde hair blue eyed menace of sweet cuteness (my daughter) LOL

I will tentatively be there, I'm expecting my first litter of English lops, so if she decides to hold out on me I won't be attending...first litter and I'm nervous about her.

Morning all !

I am posted this link on parasites & worming. Found it last night while searching for some worming info. Please...when you have a chance read through this. I have bookmarked it for myself.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=576036&p=1

Cleaning out the coop yesterday I noticed roundworms.
sickbyc.gif
I JUST wormed my whole flock in Sept. I thought this was strange. I have lost several younger birds and have been concerned that something is going on. I have a lot of crows around lately,I was wondering if they passed something to my chickens. Well , now I know. They STILL have worms & roundworms no less.
he.gif
In my research.... I found out that Ivomecin products DO NOT KILL WORMS IN CHICKENS
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
Yes ...works on mites & such, but not worms.
th.gif
Of course that is what I have been using. I will be out this morning to pick up some Valbazan. This works on almost all worms.

Valbazan..... give ORALLY 1/2 cc for LF and 1/4 cc for bantams. REPEAT in 10 days. So no eggs for approx. 24 days. I am FINE with that, I need to clean up this mess.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

IF YOUR BIRDS TOUCH THE GROUND THEY WILL GET WORMS/PARASITE. THEY NEED TO BE TREATED ON A REGULAR SCHEDULE.

Please if you get a chance read that thread, it is very informative.
smile.png

Beth - did some questioning and found out what this marans girl really is (from the same eggs that you had gotten).... She is actually a "Gold Duckwing"!!
ep.gif
A color not out there yet that Bev Davis is still working on.
wink.png
I have this pullet and 4 more in a brooder. Sold the rooster I thought was wheaten (actually gold duckwing
duc.gif
) so hoping one of the 4 in the brooder is a cockerel.
fl.gif

49849_dsc06514.jpg

Quote:
th.gif
I sold all my cuckoos at the auction. The white, blue & 1 cuckoo, Ruthann has those. I have "Wheatie" She seems a little lighter then your.
hu.gif

72330_marans222.jpg

Back
Top Bottom