Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

The Silkie chicks are $10. each, and can probably deal if you take more
smile.png

I have a question, I sent an email to the department of agriculture but I thought I would repost it here in case anyone else knows the answer:
I had my small flock NPIP tested in october, since then I only have 1 of the original 3, and I aquired 2 more from NPIP tested flocks. I am going to the northeast poultry congress on the 19th. One of them will be 5 months right before the show, the other one is 7 months. So neither of them have leg bands but are from NPIP tested parents. Do I need to have my flock re-tested for the show since none of them have leg bands?

Name tags would be great! If I can lend a hand with that, just let me know.

We have talked about wearing name tags or something, but it never comes together.
Besides, having a tag that says "stoopid" on it for 3 days may not make my days any easier!
Last year Mame1616 had us make up tags... I'll ask if she still has the stock to do it.

Good luck with the Silkies! It's a big class. And it will be an ASBC special meet.
Hope to see you there.
Roberta
What if you wrote your real name on the tag and BYC name as well? Would that be too much?

These are some of the Silkies I will have. A little hard to see, but they are so darn cute anyways.
Cute! They will be very hard to resist.
lol.png

My friend will be bringing silkie chicks as well. She breeds blue,black,splash, and white. I got my blue girl from her, she has very nice birds.
Do you have any idea how old her chicks are?

okay so are we going to make name tags? I can't wait to meet everyone!
I'll wear a name tag!
lol.png
I'm bringing a couple of my non-BYC friends with me just for fun.

I'm coming to watch and learn..this will be the first show I have ever attended. I've been to a couple of fairs, just to look at the birds, that's about it. I can't wait to see everything!
wee.gif

I'll also be looking for a Silkie pullet or two. I have a 5 month old Catdance cockerel, splash. I'd like to find a good quality girl for him. Right now, I have two blue hens, one non-bearded, one breaded. Non-bearded isn't worth breeding (in my opinion), but if someone is interested, I could bring her along. I'll get some pictures to post one of these days. The older blue hen, she's ok..I think I'll try her with the cockerel just to see what I'll get. It'll be my first attempt of breeding as well.
lol.png
But I still think Ace Ventura needs a girlfriend that's at least as nice as he is.

I'd also be interested in Cochin bantams, Columbian color. I could probably get a hen this early in the year, definitely more in the spring. I'll have more space then.
lol.png

What if you wrote your real name on the tag and BYC name as well? Would that be too much?

Cute! They will be very hard to resist.
lol.png

Do you have any idea how old her chicks are?

I'll wear a name tag!
lol.png
I'm bringing a couple of my non-BYC friends with me just for fun.
only a week or two, they haven't even hatched yet.

I have a question, I sent an email to the department of agriculture but I thought I would repost it here in case anyone else knows the answer:
I had my small flock NPIP tested in october, since then I only have 1 of the original 3, and I aquired 2 more from NPIP tested flocks. I am going to the northeast poultry congress on the 19th. One of them will be 5 months right before the show, the other one is 7 months. So neither of them have leg bands but are from NPIP tested parents. Do I need to have my flock re-tested for the show since none of them have leg bands?
Are these birds entered in the show? Entries need the proof of PUllorum testing, NPIP, sent in with the entries. The entry date closing was 12/27.
The answer to your question is no,, you did not have to retest your flock. Birds do not need legbands for proof of NPIP, just the owners need to have proof that their birds were tested.

Back
Top Bottom