Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

Great show today! Thanks to everyone who helped out a newbie like me! I saw some wonderful birds, got 5 beauties to join me at home (Thanks Roberta for those beautiful Silkie babies!), saw lots of cool vendors, and was overwhelmed by this community of bird lovers.
smile.png
I was a bit overwhelmed by everything as well.
lol.png
Mostly because there was so much to see and I had a limited amount of time to see it all.. I wish I could have spent the whole day. And I forgot my camera!
th.gif

I was a bit overwhelmed by everything as well.
lol.png
Mostly because there was so much to see and I had a limited amount of time to see it all.. I wish I could have spent the whole day. And I forgot my camera!
th.gif

i had my camera but i was to busy running around like a little kid in a candy store looking at every bird lol. i got a few pictures but wish i got more and i was kind of rushed too since i was with my mom and grandma which arn't and huge chicken fanatic like i am so i felt bad lol oh well i had a great time

I managed to find a Naked Neck! I only seen 1 standard at the show and I also seen a NN/Sumatra mix. Couldn't find the breeder but someone gave me his phone #, he's from NY. The tag # on the cage was 201.

Last edited:
Whew! What a great day! Reserve Continental with my Fav pullet, BoB with my Speckled Sussex hen, RB for my Jersey Giant hen, BV each for my blue and black mottled cochins. Got some of the kids pics taken - as much fun as with my human children. Great to see Pete Brown, as always.

NEWS!! The APA National will be held here next year!! Get your room reservations now!

Congrats. I am SERIOUSLY in love with Favs now, and will have to wait for my working girl population decreases a little before I get some. They have all the bling...beards, muffs. puffs, color, pretty faces. I WANT SOME!!!!!

smile.png

My hubby and I went yesterday and spent the whole day there(although he escaped and went to the swap meet).
No. No bantam red Cochins for sale Joanie_maine at least none that I saw for sale.
I was hoping to get a few bantam Cochins myself, but only came home with a porcelain D'Uccle boy for my girl and a trio of bantam red pyle Plymouth Rocks to add to the girl I got last year from the same guy.
Great show though, very busy.

Last edited:
Did anyone see any red bantam cochins?

Got some Mille Fleur bantam cochins. What is everyone's opinion about naked necks going outside in CT now or inside till Spring? She's not that big, isn't complaining alot about being inside in a cage now, but she raised major complaints initially.

Back
Top Bottom