Northeast Poultry Congress 2013

Finally home and unpacked! SO great seeing all of my friends at this show - and the weather was surprisingly wonderful! I could have left my long johns at home! What a great collection of birds - some truly spectacular animals. Can I hear a shout out for the large gathering of Faverolles? Woot!

Thank you! Hope you can come next year - should be twice as awesome with the Nationals!

I have one of those little clay hens, too - so cute! I promised myself - and told the artist - that I was planning on buying a piece a year from her, so she'd better be there from now on! Got a great utensil holder this year. She has beautiful stuff. (BTW - I love Mastiff's, too, but have not been fortunate enough to have one as yet They're on my list, though - the bigger the better.)

Saw those Seramas! Had to fight the urge to tuck one in my shirt as I left! Beautiful! Congratulations!

Well, luckily you live near one of the Fav hot spots in the country, but you should contact someone BEFORE next year to arrange for some birds, because there are precious few to be had, even amongst those of us who are already in the club. I agree, they do have all the bling - especially the males. Thank you!

There would have been very few chicks at this show in any event, because of the time of the year. Most of the chicks will be at shows starting in March. Our show in NJ in May has tons of them. Check PoultryShowCentral.com to find a show near you at that time.

What/Where/Who is the Fav hot spot of the country? My GPS is itchin' to know.

th.gif
I come to the show, and of the 4 different places I was in that said they had internet, I got nothing.
Get home. 67 unread posts.
Ugh. Very hard to help out when I have no way to communicate.
I hope everyone had a good time, and got lots of chickens.
Or ribbons.
My biggest win, completely unexpected, was best overall in the Marans club egg show.
WOO HOO!
congrats! I was drawn to some blue coppers that were real nice on that table... wish my little ladies laid like that!

Finally have time to post....it was an exhausting weekend, added to it that we moved rooms in the motel 4 times! Don't ever stay at the Days Inn on Riverside Ave....and their "continental" breakfast was riidiculous.....

Ok, It was great meeting so many byc'ers at the show. I was mobbed in the sales area and hardly got out to the show floor at all on Saturday. By Sunday I could hardly talk.

I picked up a pair of Porcelain Silkies that I pre bought & she came to the show, so that was good, they didn't need shipping. I so like the porcelains....hopefully by spring, I'll have hatching eggs.

I eyed those Sebastapol geese....they are like ballinerinas. So pretty, but not sure now if they are a possibility for me this year.

Talked a bit with Roberta (stoopid). She had some cute chicken jewelry for sale.

I only came home with a few Coronation chicks, & 3 Marans cockerels, so it was a good weekend for me.

I disappointed a few people who came later on Saturday and what they had asked me for were gone. I'm pretty sure I posted last week that I could only hold birds until noon or so. Next year I will be more emphatic about that and hopefully everyone will be happy.

All in all, I had a good time, and look forward to next year.

I stayed at the Red Roof.
Booked last summer, and every time there was a sale, I just kept changing the reservation.
Came out to $60.00 a nite WITH the tax.
So what the room is a little small, it had everything I needed.
And after a few friends heard it was way less than their room, I got roomies, and the price went down further after that! YAY

I found out that I get brain farts while in big crowds
lol.png
When picking out a chick for my friend, I completely forgot how to tell silkie chicks apart from other chicks
barnie.gif
dumb dumb dumb...

Back
Top Bottom