Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 14-15, 2012

i have to make a stop around Millbury, Ma to pick up some birds for myself on my way home. how many birds are you talking about picking up if you don't mind me asking and are you paying for them through some system?

i know how to get to Mason, i usually travel through Brookline to get to Shay's swaps and i visited a place called Mason Hallow to get some hosta a couple year's ago. just let me know where you'd like to meet and i can make it one of my stops on the way home. i don't have a GPS so i need to make plans before i leave saturday. i'll be leaving the show about 2, get my birds around 3, and could be near Mason around 4:30pm. and i hope to be home by 6 or 6:30!
roll.png
but you know how some plans could go! heh

PM me your phone number in case in need to find you.
Well I posted and no one has replied so I was gonna have you look for me I'm looking for any color sq or bq silkie breeding pairs trios 6-8 months old also blue Orpington chicks or 6-8 months old breeding pairs/trios I have been saving cash specifically for this show since I went last year and have $50 to spend so silkies I want for sure and if they have blue orpingtons those if it's under $50 after the silkies

Last edited:
That is actually a really good idea to carry him... maybe I will do that! Thanks for the offer for carrying him but I don't want to run the risk of losing him! ;) Lol I have looked at pictures of his stock and they are just stunning, I'm so excited to meet Jamie and get my new roo. And of course meet all you awesome BYCers! :D

People, I don't mean to be a downer, but the rules are that no food should be brought into the show hall, as there is a food vendor already there. Candy, or perhaps a small plate of cookies I think would be ok, but no coffee, as they will be selling it there.

Mallory, I always carry my birds in my arms to and from the car individually, as the crates is too heavy to carry with them all in it. Why do you need something to carry him in to get him to the car? I love a real big bird - find me, and I'll carry him for you! Although, considering it's one of Jamie's, you might not get him back! I have a blue cochin hen of his that I'm showing there. He's the best!

Speaking of cochins, I have a friend who is looking for bantams - either a gold-laced pullet, or a silver-laced pullet or cockerel.

As for table people, yes, all the slots have one person, but two would be better. As there will be BYC merchandise on the table, we CANOT leave the table unattended unless we take all of the stuff with us. We turned our backs on the table at Indy to take a picture, and someone swiped about twenty keychains right behind us! Granted, this stuff's not made of gold, but it's also not ours, so we have to be responsible with it. All of the times starting from noon would benefit with a second person, especially if the first one can't make it. Roberta and I, and I'm sure more than a few of us, will be making the table our home base for the weekend, so whoever sits there won't be abandoned.

Any questions, please PM me!

- Mary

Hello.
Hubby has a few morning errands to run so, we wont be up there till about 230-3pm. I wanted to go earlier, but go when i can. YEs i will be sitting at the byc table from 3-4, I also dont want to miss out looking around and stuff. Is it okay my husband sits down at the table while i walk around? only for a few minutes in between. I am looking for maybe baby chicks, (if any are still available)

I am so excited about going!! I even bought some rex-golith wine. to celebrate!!!(okay I really just like that wine)).
ya.gif
woot.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

WAit !!! After reviewing the poultry congress website. The hours on sautrday are from 9am -3pm? what the heck. Listen I want to help, (at the table)) but I want to go to the show too!! 3-4pm was my slot sitting time. Forgive me for late notice, But I'm gonna try and go earlier. (Sigh) wtheck

You can man the table with me. I'm 2-3. :)

WAit !!! After reviewing the poultry congress website. The hours on sautrday are from 9am -3pm? what the heck. Listen I want to help, (at the table)) but I want to go to the show too!! 3-4pm was my slot sitting time. Forgive me for late notice, But I'm gonna try and go earlier. (Sigh) wtheck

Pam I posted pictures of my silkies I washed up today under the plain silkie forum. Go check em out for me. My Parti boy has an injury on his comb. I don't know if I should show him or not. It was a scab and I scrubbed it thinking it was goo or dirt and it starting bleeding alot
hmm.png

So looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow! It will be so nice to put some faces to these names! :)

Well. There's a bit of a gale blowin out there. But, as long as the ferries are running in the morning, I will be there. I promise to be properly bathed as I am the only one I am bringing
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom