Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 14-15, 2012

Well, we're here! Made it in one piece. I can NOT wait to meet everyone and see all these different birds! I talked to Roberta tonight while she was dropping her birds at the show, I could hardly hear her over the crowing.... pretty cool.

My son can't wait either! I'll have on a blue BYC sweatshirt with a teenager in tow. -Martha

Getting on our way in about 1/2 hour. See you there!1
yippiechickie.gif

What fun! Saw so many beautiful birds and met some great new friends! I can't wait to go back tomorrow to see the big winners. I am partial to silkies, and was amazed as usual with just how beautiful and docile they are. I was pleased to be able to purchase a nice partridge pullet that has placed BV in previous shows. So great to meet everyone!!!

Last edited:
Had a blast with my 2 new turkens (I think they are beautiful) and that totally to die for Polish roo. I put them in the kitchen to chill out and the POlish was crowing the the Turkens were sleeping. It was great to meet the folks that I met...especially Stoopid feeding the Polish her muffin. If anyone sees the guy in the sales area with the turkens, could you get his card? I lost it somewhere. Richard put up pics as a separate thread under Chickenstocks.
The turkens are marigold and Black Dahlia and the Polish is Andy Rooney.

What a great day! I had so much fun at the show today (my first one!). I'm so glad I got to meet some of you. I thought I would share some pics for those of you who couldn't make it today
smile.png

Very Handsome Japanese bantam rooster

A HUGE Light Brahma, I swear he was 3 feet tall

I think this was a Old English Game Rooster, I thought he was gorgeous

I'm not sure what kind of duck this was, but I loved his/her afro!

A GORGEOUS frizzle bantam roo, I was in love with this guy

A turkey in his full glory, I thought he was quite impressive!

A showgirl rooster! I was kind of wary of them at first but he was cool looking and very sweet!

I know this isn't the greatest picture, but it's so funny! It's an Araucana hen being very inquisitive about my phone.
lol.png

And last but not least....
The handsome guy I picked up from Jamie Matts!
love.gif
He's a standard blue cochin rooster, 7 months old. He is BEAUTIFUL and my girls are going to be happy! Haha

I'm sorry there is so many pictures, I hope you all enjoy them! I also hope that you had as much fun as I did
big_smile.png

Mallory, was that splash frizzled boy the one that got his color mis-marked and didn't place because of it? if it was that was Jamie Matts' daughter's bird! he was a sweetie when she was sitting on the bench later before i left around 3 today.

i am always impressed when i see how LARGE the LF birds actually are, especially the roosters at full growth! i tend to only keep bantams but now i'm moving into the LF with my favs and i'll have to make much more room for them!
lol.png

What a great time! Sorry we didn't last longer.... I really started to stress about the drive home.

Mallory, great pics! What an amazing display of birds.

Beth G. Thanks for making my son, one happy guy. He turned 13 this week and is just over the moon about the whole experience, says 'thanks, Mom, for such a great birthday trip.'. And I was worried hat he'd be bored... :/

Back
Top Bottom