Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 15-16, 2011

I just sent in my application to the Congress along with my NY pullrom test. Ok, I said that I was going to show two birds. Anything I really need to know about showing birds? I've never done it before. I am going to show a bantum cochin blue cockeral, and a lavender cochin pullet. Also, I rented some floor space as well to sell some birds. Everyone needs to buy some blue, splash, lavender cochin chicks from me! Please give me the scoop on this whole Springfield bird experience!
Lisa

Quote:
With my silkies, I moved them into the garage on deep shavings about 2 months ago. I upped their feed to 24% protein and have been giving them calf manna pellets as a supplement. I bathed the whites before I put them into the garage. Everybody got sprayed down with Permethrin, just incase they did have any lice, which I did check them all over and saw nothing. I clip and file beaks and nails about 4-5 days before I bathe them.

I plan to bathe all of the birds Friday morning/afternoon. I will put a heat lamp on the birds overnight. With the heat lamp they dry out quick, within a couple hours. Just keep them away from drafts. I have no idea how to bathe a Cochin. See here http://www.harvestbreezefarm.com/PreparingforShow.html

I
bring extra shavings to put in the coops at the show. I also use some olive oil on a q-tip and apply it to their combs and beaks, not alot, just a little to make them shine.

I also bring water from home and put some vitamins and electrolytes in the water.

Quote:
Hi Nikki! Are the the showgirl eggs from show-quality birds? Also, what's the age and price on the partridge, splash & white silkie chicks? Feel free to PM me.

I'll be there showing Polish, possibly moderns & rosecombs, and probably a few silkies. It'll be my first time entering my silkies ... didn't realize the competition would be quite so tough! lol

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Gretchen YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! We have to set this one out this year, but my thoughts will be with ya!

So far i know i am showing my 2 white crested blue hens, and my white showgirl roo.
I might show a big black cochin roo if his face heals up in time, he picked a fight with another roo.
th.gif

If any one is in need of cochin bantam cockerels, i have some avalible.

Last edited:
Quote:
With my silkies, I moved them into the garage on deep shavings about 2 months ago. I upped their feed to 24% protein and have been giving them calf manna pellets as a supplement. I bathed the whites before I put them into the garage. Everybody got sprayed down with Permethrin, just incase they did have any lice, which I did check them all over and saw nothing. I clip and file beaks and nails about 4-5 days before I bathe them.

I plan to bathe all of the birds Friday morning/afternoon. I will put a heat lamp on the birds overnight. With the heat lamp they dry out quick, within a couple hours. Just keep them away from drafts. I have no idea how to bathe a Cochin. See here http://www.harvestbreezefarm.com/PreparingforShow.html

I
bring extra shavings to put in the coops at the show. I also use some olive oil on a q-tip and apply it to their combs and beaks, not alot, just a little to make them shine.

I also bring water from home and put some vitamins and electrolytes in the water.

So nice of you to share all of that! You're awesome!
big_smile.png

Thanks guys for your responses...
love.gif
Do i really have to bath my cochins?
hu.gif

Lisa
Shay don't forget my sebbie!
Lisa

Quote:
I wont
wink.png

you dont have to, but we all bath ours becouse well to clean them , lol expecally cochins on ther efeet becouse of poop or food ect..

If anyone might be interested, I'll have a partridge silkie cockerel, some EEs, and several homer pigeons for sale...I will likely also have some silkie and showgirl chicks available as well, just have to go through them to see what I have. There are pics of the partridge on my site on the for sale page.

Back
Top Bottom