Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 15-16, 2011

Quote:
I raise brown reds, lemon blue splash, self blue, birchen and black, but do not have any available at this time. I am picking up some chicks at the show, but they are too young to sex.

oh well! maybe some one else will have some.

Quote:
I raise brown reds, lemon blue splash, self blue, birchen and black, but do not have any available at this time. I am picking up some chicks at the show, but they are too young to sex.

oh well! maybe some one else will have some.

Yes, there should be some available, but usually from what I have found is that they are one of the breeds that seem to always be sold in pairs or trios, that is how I got so many roos! LOL but all my modern roos get along really great, it is my mottled cochin roo that picks on them!

Quote:
Awwww, gotta love moderns
smile.png
Sarah just switched her showmanship bird this year, Bobby her fav was also getting old and did not enjoy the shows anymore, tried to talk her into a different breed, but she loves her Favs., so this year going to use one of her hens and a blue salmon boy. Think I may have talked her into one of her moderns, she's got one she raised and she's pretty spoiled. Never hurts to work with more than one breed.

Is there anyone going to be there on Friday and staying overnight that would be willing to hold some chicks for me that someone is bringing (weather permitting for them), I am going on Saturday and can get them from you then. They will need to be kept warm as they are only 3 weeks old. Please PM me if you are willing to help.

Quote:
We go to it because that where we've always gone.... and it has a restaurant down the driveway from it and it is REALLY nice. I'm not sure about the price or how close it is, although its like a 10 minute drive to the show.

BTW------ Whoever asked about the showmanship bird.... What age group do you compete in? I'm in the Junior part, but I'm not any competition---- I do it for the fun and not to win, infact I barely even practice LOL

What restaurant?
smile.png

On The Border- I believe it's a mexican restaurant..... its very good!!!!! I'm trying to keep myself from getting another chiicken, but I really want one and I have $70 and we're adding onto the coop this spring..... SO TEMPTING!

For the person wanting ducks I have quads or trios of adult Dutch hooks bill ducks available but no ducklings. The girls are ready to start laying, just need some extra lighting.

frow.gif

Morning everyone
I am looking for a few Silkie pullets/Hens pet quality is fine.... any color but black thx!
I am also( if by chance anyone has one or two) Bantam Mottled Cochins pullet/Hens.

Thankyou Jen

Back
Top Bottom