Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 15-16, 2011

Quote:
I saw some pigeons that were being shown. But none in the sales area. I missed you poultryrunfarm! I tried pm'ing you back but your inbox was full

Quote:
Congrats on the new ssh!May you have many chicks soon!!! I was really good to meet you and thanks for the name tag.
Ginny

Thanks Ginny, my pleasure! See you around the forum (and at next year's show?)!
big_smile.png

Laura, did you and Sarah make it today? We looked for you, pictures and stuff, but it was one thing I wanted to do was to say hello. Wow, I am exhausted, so glad we are home and "Humfrey" our newest addition made it home after spending the day in the basket! I don't know how many people said "you got a snake in there?" Should have said yes! Now which cage is your birds!
big_smile.png
But I didn't think that far ahead. Oh well. It was an awesome event, it was great hanging around, wandering here and there, it was huge and incredible to listen to people and talk chicken.
Thanks guys for making it so great! We are looking forward to coming next year!

Quote:
I saw some pigeons in the show area and I did see some in the sales area. They were on the far wall and the guy had some runner ducks, geese, a couple of giant off white (pale buff) cochins and he had some of the biggest pidgeons I ever did see. They had a sort of fan tail and big chests. I am so excited Sarah has one of those "special" chickens picked out for me! Oh I cant wait, well actually I can because then she will look even cuter!

Oh, I must ad something here...I had read the article on the Shamo in one of the most recent poultry magazines. I saw a pair of these first hand today and was mesmerized by the power they seem to exude. They had legs as thick as a toddler! Man, I would hate to get rooster kicked by one of those! Very unique looking and much larger than I thought they would be.

Quote:
Oh Mark, you should have said hello! I had thought I saw you at one point, but you know how it is once you start looking at all the birds, you want to keep going so you dont miss out on ubuying the one you have your heart set on. I was suprised there were not a lot of bantam cochins for sale. I was most likely going to get a couple of hens if they had some.

What a great show! I'm so glad we made the trip from NJ - next year we're definitely showing! Ginny and Kathy - it was great to meet you! Kathy, thanks for the name tag and hats! I was admiring the cornish, too! I'd love to get a couple of those dark bantams and also the WLR LF! Took lots of pics, but unfortunately I left my camera in my traveling companion's car! Will post them as soon as I get them back. I'll do my part to up the LF #'s next year!

Back
Top Bottom