Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 15-16, 2011

Everyone who got birds from me gkad to hear everyone is happy with them i had a great time at the show my birds all placed first and my phoenix got bv and my oeg got bv and my babanter got bb but then again i was the only one who showed the babanter lol i bought a beautiful sumatra and i won a pair of buff ducks and moderns

Quote:
I didnt get a chance to meet you yesterday, but I am sure we will run into each other seeing as we are in the same town! LOL i think we each got a blue modern from the same guy. He was along the wall and had them in a pink carrier? I also got a nice splash cockerel from him too. I was regretting that I did not talk more with him about his Shamo's he had there. I picked up my modern chicks from Gretchen, who had Maria deliver them to the show for me! They are so tiny, blues and birchens are the colors! This morning when I went to feed and let my birds out for the day, I turned the feed bowl over to fill it and one of my modern hens had somehow gotten trapped under the bowl at some point during the night! The poor thing was almost dead she was ice cold and soaking wet from the condensation that had built up under the bowl. So now she is inside my studio after a warm bath to raise her body temp, some peanut butter for protein and she seems to be doing great! I have to remember to take that bowl out of the coop at night now!

So.....When/wheres the next show?? Are there any coming around anytime soon? Where would I find a list of some kind with the upcoming shows?
idunno.gif

Thanks ahead of time.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I got home last night & it was so warm...I felt like I could wear a t-shirt outside. I checked the thermometer--a balmy 31 degrees here in MD!
lol.png
After being in Mass for the weekend it felt like a heat wave. And the SNOW. Omigosh, never seen so much snow in one place. It was pretty, though!

What a nice show. I enjoyed it an awful lot, and it will definitely be on my list for next year! ADozenGirlz, thanks for the suggestion of the Amelia Park Children's Museum--we spent the afternoon there on Saturday, and it was a big hit! Though I don't know who enjoyed the space part more, my hubby or my son...
tongue.png
We were somewhere in NJ on the way home last night when my little one started up that we needed to turn around--right now--and go back to the "kid's museum." We had to make promises to visit our local children's museum soon. He had a great time. He enjoyed the show, too, and something cemented in his mind that he needs a Silkie. Uh-oh.
tongue.png

I was happy with my birds. I took some young ones out for their first time, as well as my little "crew" that I've been shuffling around the shows the past few months. I got best variety with my blue light brown cockeral, 1st place blue light brown pullet (she may have been RV too, I can't remember. Post long road trip a.m. brain fog.
lol.png
), reserve variety with my blue cream light brown cockeral, and reserve variety with one of my cream light brown pullets (was 2nd & 5th with my other cream light brown pullets). I can't remember if my blue cream light brown pullet was 1st or 2nd, I think she was 1st but I'd have to go back through the coop cards. There were a lot of Dutch, it was awesome--I got to meet some new folks & talk Dutch. I love the shows for that reason! I always learn so much.

SundownWaterfowl--If most shows are the same, the show itself takes out that ad, and asks the overall & class champions & junior winners, etc., if they want an ad. Then they take your info & payment & take care of it w/the Poultry Press themselves. At least that's how I did my ad for my champion continental at the NJ show a couple months ago. Someone from the show approached me & asked if I wanted an ad, I gave her my info & money & voila--I got an ad on the Sussex show page ad. Each show also has a little article where the list the winners & the overall & class champs are listed/pictured there, too.

It was great to meet a few new folks from BYC (good luck with your chicks & eggs, guys!) and, as always, I enjoyed chatting with my NJ buddies!!
big_smile.png
Indiana, here we come... (with a few stops along the way. Delmarva, anyone?)

There is a show up here in Maine at the Windsor Fairgrounds, Windsor, ME on Memorial Sunday. This is put on by the Central Maine Bird club. The Northern New England Bird fanciers has a swap in the spring and a show in the fall, August.
I will be looking for another Mille Fleur D'uccle hens at some point, so if you have any SQ birds of such I'd be interested in chatting with you.
Kel

Quote:
I didnt get a chance to meet you yesterday, but I am sure we will run into each other seeing as we are in the same town! LOL i think we each got a blue modern from the same guy. He was along the wall and had them in a pink carrier? I also got a nice splash cockerel from him too. I was regretting that I did not talk more with him about his Shamo's he had there. I picked up my modern chicks from Gretchen, who had Maria deliver them to the show for me! They are so tiny, blues and birchens are the colors! This morning when I went to feed and let my birds out for the day, I turned the feed bowl over to fill it and one of my modern hens had somehow gotten trapped under the bowl at some point during the night! The poor thing was almost dead she was ice cold and soaking wet from the condensation that had built up under the bowl. So now she is inside my studio after a warm bath to raise her body temp, some peanut butter for protein and she seems to be doing great! I have to remember to take that bowl out of the coop at night now!

yeah, that's the guy i bought mine from too! this is my first modern and i've decided i absolutly love them! they're so pretty! at first i wanted a lemon blue, but i could only find pairs and trios, an i really don't want more roosters, so i'm glad i found this one. oh, and the guy's mother apparently lives in hollis, too... isn't that crazy?? anyway, i guess i'll see you around!

Back
Top Bottom