Northeastern Poultry Congress - Springfield, Mass - Jan 15-16, 2011

heres a pic of my new modern!!!
52086_dscn5680.jpg

52086_dscn5694.jpg

Quote:
Oh, she is so cute! I will post a picture of mine tomorrow, they are sleeping in my art studio now in quarantine. I had noticed one of the birds they were in with had a watery eye so I want to keep my eyes on them before i put them in with the others. Not to mention they came up from North Carolina so may not be used to the coldness in a coop. So no biggy, I will put them out in the spring. Last year I made the mistake of taking all my seramas, moderns, cochins and OEGB's inside for the winter...man o man...the dust I had to clean in the spring was aweful! But I think 2 birds will be OK.

You know, I cannot grasp the look of the modern games, lol, maybe its that I'm jealous...they're so darn skinny!!! I do love the blue coloring! Handsome feathering!!!

PRF, these Cream Brabanters are such sweet birds, they are friendly like the cochins, yet they need social settings so they can "talk" to you. The rooster I had would come unglued when he had to be caged for any reason. Rub his comb off treading back and forth in the pen.

Snow Snow Go AWAY, bring us spring so we can hatch each day! Each hatch we have, let us be glad, for each new chick will bring in a check, that means we each will win! *giggle* On that note, guess I'll go snow blow and shovel...
sickbyc.gif

I know I'm late responding to this, but I wanted to say how much my family enjoyed the Congress. I asked hubby "A year ago, would you have believed that we would be going to a CHICKEN SHOW?" No way.

It was our first show. Didnt take any of our own birds and didn't buy anything (Wanted to.. but car decided to pull a "check engine" light on me the day before so bird money became car repair money). It was good to see how everything is set up.

We are already registered for the Southern New England 4H Poultry Show in April and will be taking our a Welsummer, and Easter Egger (Production Class) and a dozen Wellie eggs. Can't wait!

Luke13:34 :

I know I'm late responding to this, but I wanted to say how much my family enjoyed the Congress. I asked hubby "A year ago, would you have believed that we would be going to a CHICKEN SHOW?" No way.
It was our first show. Didnt take any of our own birds and didn't buy anything (Wanted to.. but car decided to pull a "check engine" light on me the day before so bird money became car repair money). It was good to see how everything is set up.
We are already registered for the Southern New England 4H Poultry Show in April and will be taking our a Welsummer, and Easter Egger (Production Class) and a dozen Wellie eggs. Can't wait!

Welcome to our insanity!!!!
tongue2.gif
Seriously, if someone owns a chicken, you know they are good people.

This was our first go at the congress too. We were never snubbed from chatting with poultry owners, met all kinds! Especially some that we already knew- ha ha. I wish we could plan on a meeting place for us BYCers next year, it was super to have met the few that we did at the show, it was awesome awesome awesome! (and all for a chicken- no we did not show, picked up a cockerel though).
Sorry your car had issues, it figures but glad you was able to have experienced it, everyone should if they're near!
thumbsup.gif

Luke13:34 :

the one at UCONN? I go to that one every year! someone should start a thread for it, i'm curious to see who else is going! maybe i'll set one up!​

Quote:
the one at UCONN? I go to that one every year! someone should start a thread for it, i'm curious to see who else is going! maybe i'll set one up!

There's a show at UCONN?!?! I spent four years on campus there and never noticed! Please do set up a new thread and post the link on this one so we know it's there! Thanks for the heads-up!

smile.png
smile.png

Quote:
the one at UCONN? I go to that one every year! someone should start a thread for it, i'm curious to see who else is going! maybe i'll set one up!

There's a show at UCONN?!?! I spent four years on campus there and never noticed! Please do set up a new thread and post the link on this one so we know it's there! Thanks for the heads-up!

the thread's all set up
smile.png

Quote:

the thread's all set up
smile.png

Great, thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom