Northern New Jersey 4-H club looking for egg donations!

Chickerdoodle13

The truth is out there...
12 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
A girl in the 4-H club my mom and I run is in kindergarten class and they are hoping to hatch eggs after their spring break. Unfortunately, I only have small roosters and big hens and no gaurantee of fertile eggs! So I am wondering if anyone might be able to donate some eggs for this girl's class to hatch. It doesn't matter what they are of even if they are mixed. They do have a home for them once the chicks are hatched, unless the donator specifies they would like the chicks back. She didn't give me a number of how many she needs, but probably no less than a dozen so they have a good chance of hatching some!

We are located in northern New Jersey by the Delaware watergap. Our club name is Feather's N' Fur. Feel free to send me an email at [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

If you pay shipping, I can send some eggs from my free range flock which consists of:
Blue Orpington and Barnevelder roosters
Buff Orpington, Barred Rock, Blue & Splash Orpington, Rhode Island Red, Easter Egger, and Turken hens

Lauren, I have MFC eggs if you want! I'm incubating my first hatch from them right now and will candle Friday night. Let me know!
smile.png

Is that after Easter? I'm in Stillwater and would be happy to donate. I should have EE eggs and silkie eggs by then.

Wow, you guys are soo awesome for the quick and generous replies!

Franciscreek, I will ask them if they would be interested in nankins! I will also send along your website.

Sumatra, I will also mention you have duck eggs! I think this is the first time they are hatching in the class so I'm not sure if they just want to stick with chickens, but I will certainly ask.

Lmiller49,
I will also pass along your info as well and I will be sure to get back to you!

Lynda,
Would you be able to send me your email address that I could pass along to the 4-H mom? (And gee, you are tempting ME! I wish I had more time this summer so I could buy some eggs from you and hatch! Let me know how your hatch turns out! I just loveee the breed)

Justmeandtheflock,
I'm actually not sure when their spring break is, but I can ask. You are also really close to where most of my 4-Hers live. It would be really neat for the kids to see green EE eggs and those funny little silkie chicks!

I will certainly get back to you guys asap. If anyone interested in donating could send me their email address, that would be awesome. That way I could just send the information to the lady looking for the eggs. At the moment, I'm not sure if they just want twelve or if she wanted to try a couple different types.

Thank you thank you! Ya'll are so awesome.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom