Northwest 101

WAIT WAIT! No time to answer ... *insert thick, Norwegian accent* I haf ta go trow da cows over da fence some hay!

I have no explanation, but old Norwegian farmers sure are fun!

Becki - who grew up in the middle of North Dakota

There will be two sides to this one, one for the wet side and one for the rest like the east side of WA, Idaho, maybe Montana.

Some of the things I like are how we get down to -30 in the winter with 4' of snow then over 100 in the summer. We have many many lakes and fishing and all that around here. Oregon was where pheasants were first released. We have many dams, salmon (I say it like its spelled, sal-mon) lots of pine trees, apples, wheat, and other crops. We also have combine derby's, Spokane has the worlds busiest Arby's restraunt. The northwest is also what started the backyard chicken revolution and it says so in nat geo
tongue2.gif

Washington also has such a variety of landscapes, we have pine forest, wet forest on the coast, scab land, mountains, valleys, all that. Spokane has the highest percentage of Martialese people (from the martial islands), Spokane county is like 2o somethin % Slavic. Raineer cherries were created here. I have some more stuff I will post later.

Found it. Washington is ranked #1 in 12 commodities: apples, pears, sweet cherries, red raspberries,hops, spearmint, lentils, concord & niagra grapes, carrots, and sweet corn. A full third of the state is in pastureland or range land supporting a large livestock industry.

I got all that from a poster.

Quote:
giggles

"Dry landers". Deer Park vs. Seattle.

Ain't my sorta husband kyewt?

Haha. Well they do, no one else seems to notice but I do, they have more of a fast pace when talking, more geeky/twitchy to me. Even in our area there is variation. People in Elk/Chattaroy talk slower than Spokane/Deer Park. People on the Deer Park prarie areas have more of a western accent than others. Deer Parkians and Spokanites sound alike because they basically touch.

My sorta whafe shore is adorable aint she, her with her southern aksent. We is a fixin to have a leetle git tah gither. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom