Nosey turkey hens....what is that thang???

WhiteCollarWeezy

Positive Chick
Premium Feather Member
Sep 13, 2022
Central Arkansas
So my turkeys hens are such nosey girls. If I come outside to do anything they get right over my shoulder and fuss at me. They will snatch tools for my hands, as if telling me "don't use that 1!". If I come out to smoke they will take My lighter. As if " no,no that's bad for you." They are not aggressive, just bossy and curious. So I decided to mow this evening. My mother called so I stopped 2 talk and Here come the hens. Necks all twisted walking sideways slowly approaching me. As if saying ' Whoa whats that Thang? it makes a lot more noise than that rooster we beat up every morning and larger 2..... ???"' And here come the Tom's right behind them to defend if ladies get distressed." seems I am the worker bee and here are my queens. LOL..

Attachments

• 20230914_182406.jpg
    20230914_182406.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 28
So my turkeys hens are such nosey girls. If I come outside to do anything they get right over my shoulder and fuss at me. They will snatch tools for my hands, as if telling me "don't use that 1!". If I come out to smoke they will take My lighter. As if " no,no that's bad for you." They are not aggressive, just bossy and curious. So I decided to mow this evening. My mother called so I stopped 2 talk and Here come the hens. Necks all twisted walking sideways slowly approaching me. As if saying ' Whoa whats that Thang? it makes a lot more noise than that rooster we beat up every morning and larger 2..... ???"' And here come the Tom's right behind them to defend if ladies get distressed." seems I am the worker bee and here are my queens. LOL..
Pretty much normal behavior for turkeys that have been human imprinted. I don't imprint my turkeys and they will not approach people.

You're welcome. :) Some people pen them up and others don't. I knew a member that used to let hers come in the house on occasion.
Thanks for moving to correct forum....was unsure..I went to turkeys 1st..but figured it was a story. Anyway thanks. I would have them penned up, but my husband thinks differently.

Mine are really nosy like that too. It’s cute except when I’m tripping over them, then I give them the boot…
Bunnies nows turks.. hey...or when they leave a huge pile pretty much on ur boot when they won't leave ya alone...they are very entertaining though. A couple months ago I hear a squawking out my bedroom window. I Look out and 1 of the roosters is riding a hen off her nest. Now every morning that rooster "catches" hell. 2 hens gang up on him and then call their Tom's for reinforcement.

Back
Top Bottom