Not a pip but a tiny hole is this ok?

CrazyChickLady64

Songster
Nov 5, 2023
Sulphur Springs Texas
So I now have 5 out of 6 chicken eggs that have pip but one that is just a tiny hole is this a pip and is this ok or should I be concerned?

Attachments

• IMG_20231221_000937521_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20231221_000937521_HDR~2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 43
Yes, that's a pip if they're due to hatch. Now they'll "zip" as in go around the egg. Just give them 24 hours though as some can take that long and don't let your heartstrings get tugged if one hatches and cries. The incubator has to stay shut while any are pipped. ☺️

Humidity should be up to around 70% which helps them.

Wishing you a successful hatch and congrats in advance!!

Yes, that's a pip if they're due to hatch. Now they'll "zip" as in go around the egg. Just give them 24 hours though as some can take that long and don't let your heartstrings get tugged if one hatches and cries. The incubator has to stay shut while any are pipped. ☺️

Humidity should be up to around 70% which helps them.

Wishing you a successful hatch and congrats in advance!!
Thank you! This is my second hatch, the first all 10 hatched and started zipping with in 8 hours. It has been around 15 hours now since the first one piped. It is hard to leave them be, but I know not to interfere. 😁

Thank you! This is my second hatch, the first all 10 hatched and started zipping with in 8 hours. It has been around 15 hours now since the first one piped. It is hard to leave them be, but I know not to interfere. 😁
I've done probably 20 hatches and that feeling never goes away. I'm like a kid in a candy store staring at them when they start pipping. I learned to just go do something instead of hover over them lol. It's sometimes like watching paint dry.

I've done probably 20 hatches and that feeling never goes away. I'm like a kid in a candy store staring at them when they start pipping. I learned to just go do something instead of hover over them lol. It's sometimes like watching paint dry.
With that many hatches have you ever had one with the feathers showing like this? I can see it moving some as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20231221_100954011.jpg
    IMG_20231221_100954011.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 19
With that many hatches have you ever had one with the feathers showing like this? I can see it moving some as well.
I have. A few times, I’ve seen a teeny wing sticking out! This is an exciting time! Good wishes being sent your way. I just had a clutch of Serama incubator hatch a few days ago. ’Tis the chick season! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom