Not an Emergency...Marek's in the Flock

No i didn't quarantine the 2 new birds I am knew to chickens and didn't know that was required but def know that I will b doing that in future purchases.i think I will mix in with the water for all the birds befor they all get sick . Just wasn't sure if the ones with no symptoms could have antibiotics . I have 3 older girls that are laying just almost everyday do I need to refrain from eating there eggs . And if so how long do I not eat them and how long do I leave them on the meds .

No i didn't quarantine the 2 new birds I am knew to chickens and didn't know that was required but def know that I will b doing that in future purchases.i think I will mix in with the water for all the birds befor they all get sick . Just wasn't sure if the ones with no symptoms could have antibiotics . I have 3 older girls that are laying just almost everyday do I need to refrain from eating there eggs . And if so how long do I not eat them and how long do I leave them on the meds .
With the respiratory question, I would suggest 7 days and then 7 days after last dose for disposal.
The reason you dispose of the eggs is to not risk an allergic reaction to the tetracycline in Duramycin-10. There are some who do eat the eggs, but I do not.

My patient is still there. She stands up and moves slowly. I don't understand why she's lasted so long. I don't think she's eating, and she drinks very little. I think I'm living in denial. (If I do this.....or if I do that...)

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out with my limping chick last week. She is doing fabulous, along with the other youngsters! I did end up seperating her for a few days, and used a chick vitamin (save a chick), and she came along very nicely! I hope you dont mind if I follow this thread in the future, I really feel that there is always such good and accurate advice on here!!

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out with my limping chick last week. She is doing fabulous, along with the other youngsters! I did end up seperating her for a few days, and used a chick vitamin (save a chick), and she came along very nicely! I hope you dont mind if I follow this thread in the future, I really feel that there is always such good and accurate advice on here!!
Awesome!!! That's the kinds stuff we all like to hear! Please do stick around! Yes the title has Marek's in it and you don't have it, but everyone needs to know about that and who knows.....you may see something the rest of us don't.

Lol!......I have to share, I have a duck pushing a cat ball with a bell in it all around the livingroom floor. I don't know if she's planning on going out for soccer try outs or what. Welcome to my world, lol.

My patient is still there. She stands up and moves slowly. I don't understand why she's lasted so long. I don't think she's eating, and she drinks very little. I think I'm living in denial. (If I do this.....or if I do that...)
Don't we all Seminole? No matter how much we see, we always think this time will be different and sometimes in spite of everything...it is. Look, just how far gone is she? Never mind the years, how bad physically is she? Is there any chance she could come back with a massive vitamin therapy approach? Hope does spring eternal and as long as there isn't pain...

Lol!......I have to share, I have a duck pushing a cat ball with a bell in it all around the livingroom floor. I don't know if she's planning on going out for soccer try outs or what. Welcome to my world, lol.
gig.gif
Sounds so cute!!

Back
Top Bottom