1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not babies anymore...first CROW!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by NOnuggets, Apr 2, 2009.

1. NOnuggets

NOnuggets Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene Idaho
    My little brabanters are not babies anymore...at exactly six weeks we are hearing our first crow! How do I know it's the first...they are still in the living room![​IMG]
    I bet daddy builds the baby coop soon![​IMG] There are 25 in there...how many will be crowing by the end of the week???
    At this point I am still at a loss as far as sexing Brabanters...this is a step in the right direction. This one happens to have a smaller feather tuft...if one of my big featherheads starts to crow...all is lost.

2. jonesgirl

jonesgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Nevada
    Aww thats the best, a crackily little screechy crow!!! How Fun :}

3. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Cant wait to hear a little crow... so cool

4. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    Mine turned 6 wks yesterday and this morning one of the EE's made a funny squacky noise this morning when I opened the top and they all flew up to greet me.

Only thing is - I think they are all pullets. None have a large comb -just the shortish pinkish slightly redish combs, all have fanning tail feathers, and wing feathers are all growing in straight across - none are longer.

Interested in knowing if the pullets start to squack pre-crow?

5. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    we had our first crow last week, and it started me lol. i thought the one who crowed was a girl but i guess not lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by