not chirping anymore, are they still ok?

Thanks Pete! I have read it again and again. Of coarse if i hadnt read it, naturally I would have wanted to "rescue" it thinking it couldnt break out. Ugg this is worse than watching paint dry....lol Come on baby, we have a little hole and i can see its beak and nostrils now. Cant wait to share pictures when he/she finally makes it out!

fl.gif
sending good thoughts your way!

jumpy.gif
:ya:love

The first baby is out now!!!! Hubby and I were watching a movie, just dozed off after the movie and a peep peep woke me up.... Yeah our 1st baby!!!! Now I have to figure out how to post a picture...lol

Thanks for all the good wishes sent our way!

Ok, any experts wanna make a guess at the breed and sex?

Either

Roman Tufted, brown chinese, or a mix?

boy or girl?

I have NO experience with the breeds at all -- my three Pilgrims are the first ever geese. But, I will say it looks very strong and healthy. Congrats! I hope the others do as well.

FWIW, don't be too surprised if it seems pretty weak and wobbly for a couple of days -- I believe this is normal.

I hatched 2 males in the past week. The first one wouldn't eat or drink, and died on Tuesday. Tuesday evening, the second one hatched. On thursday morning, I called home from work. My mother said "I'm sorry, but the second one is dying" - freaked me out - he was fine when I left a few hours earlier.

Well, to make a long story short, being only 36 hours old at that point, he was just wobbly and kept falling over. She thought something was terribly wrong. But he's fine and a lot more sure-footed now at 5 days old.

So sorry to hear about you loosing one, that is soo sad. Wonder why it wouldnt eat or drink. Im so nervous about screwing something up.....

the other one that started to crack the shell seems to be doing good, maybe by morning the 1st one will have a cuddle mate? I put it on a fluffy hand towel and then made a little nest for it with a baby receiving blanket. It sure loved that! It had some of the membrane/shell dried to its wing and back, so i put a small piece of paper towel wet with warm water and put over that spot for a couple min then it came right off. I just dabbed the wet area to help dry the area some and it looks to be doing great. Of course it has jello legs but seems to move around a bit. I know i probably should be touching it but i couldnt resist, I just had to make it all comfy
hugs.gif

Im still worried about the first one that internally pipped and was chirping. It was bouncing and making all kinds of racket, then in the morning... wasnt so lively. I candled it a little bit ago, but its really dark and cant see movement in the shadow of the air cell. Should i try poking a little hole and see if its still alive? I was almost certain that that one was going to be the 1st to hatch.
idunno.gif
Wow this is all so stressful and exciting all in one.

My momma Roman seems to be off her nest for long periods of time now. I went and candled the eggs really quick while she was busy eating, and tossed 2, they were bad for sure, but the others are questionable. They were cool to the touch. She has become extremely aggressive with the youngest ducks, she nabbed one today and wouldnt let go until it freed itself by giving up some feathers. She is totally cool with me, she will let me pet her while she is sitting, and the other geese she is fine with and one duck that made her nest close to hers. She does go over to the duck nest and steal some nesting material. She's a bit of a hoarder. Im wondering if i should take the rest of the eggs and throw them in the bator with the others?

Back
Top Bottom