Not emergency... dosing for tylosin

I would just use the dosage on the package—1 tsp per gallon for 5 days, and make sure they are drinking well. Only treat birds with symptoms.

Well, it would be like having your whole family take antibiotics when only one has strep throat. It can lead to antibiotic resistant bacteria, and it may not work as well if the others need it in the future. It probably would not hurt them, but you would need to toss eggs for about 2 weeks after. Separating a sick bird inside a dog crate with food and water for treatment is what I would do.

What will the eggs do?
and I mean they all have shown symptoms of respiratory problems so do you think it is fine?

One is worse than the rest but they all have their mouths open occasionally but the bad one has raspy breathing and sneezes constantly.

Well, it sounds like they all may be getting sick. Be aware that antibiotics will only help treat a bacterial disease such as mycoplasma (MG, CRD,) and won’t treat a virus. Some of the respiratory diseases can be viruses, and include infectious bronchitis and ILT. Have you seen any bubbles in eyes or any swelling in the faces?

Eggs from hens treated with antibiotics will contain a small amount of the antibiotic. If anyone with an allergy eats any, they could get an allergic reaction. Also, eating unnecessay antibiotics may create antibiotic resistance.

Well, it sounds like they all may be getting sick. Be aware that antibiotics will only help treat a bacterial disease such as mycoplasma (MG, CRD,) and won’t treat a virus. Some of the respiratory diseases can be viruses, and include infectious bronchitis and ILT. Have you seen any bubbles in eyes or any swelling in the faces?

Eggs from hens treated with antibiotics will contain a small amount of the antibiotic. If anyone with an allergy eats any, they could get an allergic reaction. Also, eating unnecessay antibiotics may create antibiotic resistance.
I have only seen bubbles in a chickens eyes once and she has sadly passed away. The bubbles happened about a month or so before she passed. One currently has swelling around her eyes but it seems normal because it doesn’t affect her eyes or beak but I don’t know. My hens are not laying right now due to molting or they have stopped so I don’t need to worry about that. Is there any treatment for a virus in chickens?

If one of the chickens you had before had the bubbles, it could have passed to the others. There is no treatment for a virus, but if it is MG, the antibiotic you are using may be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom