Not entirely sure what is going on ....

Sammi_0411

Crowing
Jun 20, 2020
England UK
Hey so about a month ago my 3 Yr old hen mango started having problems with her vent she was bleeding a lot from it and was constantly swollen.... last week she got a terrible prolapse that kept popping out no matter wat I did and she was suffering so I made the horrible decision to cull her šŸ˜¢ fast forward a week got up today let gals out and now my white silkie has a lot of blood coming out of her vent I mean quite a lot also yellowish white green liquid also coming out assuming it's vent gleet ? I have separated her gave her soak in epsom salts twice today and put cansten in and around vent could these be linked ? Nt sure how as I don't have a cockerel or anything ..I'm totally stuck to be honest this is a first for me any advice would be helpful and much appreciated. I will get photos in morning as it's dark and late here. Any questions I will ask best I can
Thank u XxSamXx

Also forgot to mention recently been having a problem with my gals feather plucking each other ? They have enough space I got them things to do and stuff to keep them occupied anti pecking spray etc could this be linked to my current issue ?
Thanks again
XxSamXx

What exactly do you feed your flock on a regular basis?
Do you have Marek's disease in your flock?

Hey no don't have mareks far as I'm aware everyone been healthy until a month ago they on layer feed also have grit and oyster shell on hand all times and fresh water food.is brought once a month and stored properly x

Back
Top Bottom