1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not getting work done

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jojo54, Oct 20, 2009.

1. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Since I have gotten chickens (June) it is really hard to get my house work done. I have a large yard and garden and that comes first in the summer. But now chickens take over #1 spot. I get yardwork done because I feed weeds to chickens (they REALLY like chickweed and quackgrass) plus I feed them fruit and vegetables (they love melons, cukes, zuc, tomatoes, GRAPES and CORN). So I get things done outside plus get to enjoy my chickens. Sometimes Lulu, our lame runt helps me weed (or at least keeps me company). I used to get stuff done in the house when I came in but now there is this forum and SO MUCH to read! How can I get any work done when this is all so interesting, amusing, and educational? Help!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ksct

ksct Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    upstate, NY
    WHEN YOU FIND THAT ANSWER.... PLEASE LET ME KNOW! [​IMG]

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I second that, I don't ever seem to have any free time, but that's cause I'm on here so much! I haven't figured out if it is just that addictive, or if it's like the old train wreck scenario, you just can't help but look [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I manage it somehow. Don't ask me how. My house looks like a train wreck when I finally do it, but it gets done.

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I use a kitchen timer, 20 mins of house keeping 40 of whatever I want. Same or the kids, that way we all do our part, but don't get bogged down in it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by