Not good.....*UPDATED WITH PICS*

So happy to be out of that shipping carton.

duckiesfreshouttathecarton1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for all the hassle and heartaches. I came close to having a problem with my ducklings. (Not a problem from the hatchery). I ordered from McMurray and was watching and waiting for the phone call from the post office. I did call them a week before and gave them a heads up that the order was coming and I made sure they had all my info so they could phone me. I expected a call in the morning. I actually got the call from the post office @ 440pm. They left me a message saying my order was here and they were open until 5. I called them back and told them I'd be right there. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to the post office from my house. I asked if someone could still be there. The guy told me they would sit the ducklings outside by the service door, "they should be fine for a few minutes until you get here. No body will see them there and steel them".
rant.gif
STEEL THEM!? I live in northern Michigan. It was only 42 degrees out that day. I was more worried about them freezing to death. Thankfully I got there quickly and they were all alive and well. But geesh. That scared me about having things delivered to my post office. I was shocked that anyone would suggest my new babies sit outside the post office in a cardboard box! Thankfully I didn't get any speeding tickets on my way to get them.
tongue.png

I am so glad they made it. Looks like you are overrun with ducklings now. They are so cute. Enjoy them. Happy mothers day.

Yay! I'm glad they made it, too. I don't know if Privett allows you to order something like gro gel when you place your order. I know that some people do that if they know it's going to be a longer than average trip. But, they still could have gotten chilled as the heat pack often doesn't last more than a couple of days.

I have been draggin with getting pics posted so here they are. All of the survivors from 2nd shipment are doing well and happily adjusted to the tough life they have playing in mud puddles in the backyard. The 4 Rouen's I bought at Rural King tolerate them pretty well except for an occasional nip or two. I let them out of the duck pen in the morning and they put themselves back in for the night.

dux2.jpg

dux1.jpg

dux3.jpg

Last edited:
Must just be poor quality birds from the get-go. I have ordered from McMurray, Metzer, Holderread. all shipped monday evening and arrived wednesday morning, and didn't have any loses.
thumbsup.gif
good to hear they are doing good and getting along.

Last edited:
I really don't think It would be the hatchery I think it's the person delivering it. Though I never ordered from their but I ordered from McMurray before all came nice and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom