not laying eggs

SilkySilkie

Songster
Aug 7, 2021
Vic,Australia
i have 2 24 week old pullets???? im not sure if i can call them pullets at this age but they still haven't laid their fist egg i've checked the area for secret stashes none one is a isa brown the other is light brahma late bloomers?? i have other laying hens as well so i dont think its calcium deficiency

i have 2 24 week old pullets???? im not sure if i can call them pullets at this age but they still haven't laid their fist egg i've checked the area for secret stashes none one is a isa brown the other is light brahma late bloomers?? i have other laying hens as well so i dont think its calcium deficiency
You can certainly call them pullets. They are referred to as pullets from the time they are fully feathered to 1 year of age. Then they are referred to as hens.
Calcium deficiency does not cause a chicken to not lay. It causes bone density loss and/or soft or shell-less eggs.
If you are certain there are no hidden stashes, they likely haven't started. You can measure the points between their pelvic bones to determine if they are close. @aart has that diagram.

Back
Top Bottom