1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Not new, but haven't been around much!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BrahmaMama, Dec 16, 2008.

1. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Hey everyone!

Yeah, I kind of slacked off in the chicken forum departments, this summer/fall/and now winter [​IMG] I got hooked back on my Breyer Horse forums, and ended up tripping on the cord to my incubator, and tossing it to the ground, in essence eliminating me from the "hatching crowd" That happened this past spring, and kind of set the road for my summer.

We ended up building an addition to our house, for our disabled son this summer. Well, we didn't build it, but the amount of time/stress/tears put into it, might as well have. It's just a bedroom/bathroom with the basement being extended underneath also, but it set us back another, oh...30 years [​IMG]

We are also expecting-our fourth child, and hopefully my one little girl [​IMG] Of course, after Gabe's traumatic delivery, the main thing I'm praying for is a healthy baby.

I was kind of pouting the other day to my husband, about not being able to hatch-especially after visiting back on here again. He said maybe "Santa" will bring a new incubator [​IMG] That was sweet of him, but I know we really can't afford it now, so I'm not holding my breathe. I did my typical "pretend" order on McMurray, and Ideal, just to see what I'm looking at for price, for a spring order of broilers, meat turkeys, and some Bourbon Red turkeys....oh yeah, and a few more Brahmas and Speckled Sussex [​IMG] Anyways, I think the order came to $238 or something like that-shipping not included of course [​IMG] Looks like I've got some saving to do-an order of chicks/turkey poults, or a new Brower incubator... [​IMG]

Just for fun, I don't remember if I posted these pics back when I took them-a grown up picture of Cream Puff, my Brahma mix roo:

[​IMG]

And I can't forget his dad, Rudy [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope to be able to stick around more-icky cold weather, so I'm definitely hibernating inside more, and on the computer [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Brahmamamma Breyer horse mama, we missed you! So glad you're back. Prayers for healthy children. Thanks for the pretty pictures.

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

pretty birds [​IMG] and welcome back even though I'm just "meeting" you [​IMG]

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Nice to see you around again! I love the picture of Cream Puff! He has beautiful barring in his feathers; it's almost like a crele pattern.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Welcome back...and congrats on the upcoming new baby! YES, healthy is a great wish!! Glad to see you back online.

6. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    welcome back!!! Congrats on the new baby [​IMG] hoping it's a girl.

jackie

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I've missed you so much!! And I'm so glad you're back! [​IMG]
    Besides, no one around here believes me when I tell them that Thor is the most handsomest rooster in the whole wide world - next to Rudy of course. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    Welcome Back!

Everyone falls off the wagon every once in a while...

9. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone, [​IMG] I've missed you guys, and it's nice to meet new chicken families! [​IMG]

10. Ms Ellen

Ms Ellen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Virginia
    Hey BrahamaMama I am also thinking about putting an addition on my house for my now disabled son. Not sure though, possibly we will move instead to a ranch. We can't decide. I had been wondering how much the addition would be. He is at Children's Hospital here now and only gets to visit home occasionally at this point but we are hoping to bring him home in another year or so. Do you have a roll in shower?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by