Not new, but haven't been around much!

BrahmaMama

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
South Dakota
Hey everyone!

Yeah, I kind of slacked off in the chicken forum departments, this summer/fall/and now winter
hide.gif
I got hooked back on my Breyer Horse forums, and ended up tripping on the cord to my incubator, and tossing it to the ground, in essence eliminating me from the "hatching crowd" That happened this past spring, and kind of set the road for my summer.

We ended up building an addition to our house, for our disabled son this summer. Well, we didn't build it, but the amount of time/stress/tears put into it, might as well have. It's just a bedroom/bathroom with the basement being extended underneath also, but it set us back another, oh...30 years
tongue.gif

We are also expecting-our fourth child, and hopefully my one little girl
fl.gif
Of course, after Gabe's traumatic delivery, the main thing I'm praying for is a healthy baby.

I was kind of pouting the other day to my husband, about not being able to hatch-especially after visiting back on here again. He said maybe "Santa" will bring a new incubator
gig.gif
That was sweet of him, but I know we really can't afford it now, so I'm not holding my breathe. I did my typical "pretend" order on McMurray, and Ideal, just to see what I'm looking at for price, for a spring order of broilers, meat turkeys, and some Bourbon Red turkeys....oh yeah, and a few more Brahmas and Speckled Sussex
lau.gif
Anyways, I think the order came to $238 or something like that-shipping not included of course
roll.png
Looks like I've got some saving to do-an order of chicks/turkey poults, or a new Brower incubator...
idunno.gif

Just for fun, I don't remember if I posted these pics back when I took them-a grown up picture of Cream Puff, my Brahma mix roo:

IMG_2187Medium.jpg

And I can't forget his dad, Rudy
love.gif

IMG_2186Medium.jpg

Hope to be able to stick around more-icky cold weather, so I'm definitely hibernating inside more, and on the computer
big_smile.png

Brahmamamma Breyer horse mama, we missed you! So glad you're back. Prayers for healthy children. Thanks for the pretty pictures.

I've missed you so much!! And I'm so glad you're back!
hugs.gif

Besides, no one around here believes me when I tell them that Thor is the most handsomest rooster in the whole wide world - next to Rudy of course.
wink.png
love.gif

Hey BrahamaMama I am also thinking about putting an addition on my house for my now disabled son. Not sure though, possibly we will move instead to a ranch. We can't decide. I had been wondering how much the addition would be. He is at Children's Hospital here now and only gets to visit home occasionally at this point but we are hoping to bring him home in another year or so. Do you have a roll in shower?

Back
Top Bottom