not "poultry" but a bird ?

justusnak , they may be "barking, pooping, eating little balls of fur" (I got three dogs too -different breeds though), but sounds like they are getting the job done!!
Good for those little ankle-nippers!
ya.gif

Quote:
Yes, You are quite right.
In our area, Mr.Heron Comes Around every day. You usually get a glimpse of him, as he flies past your window, and lands by this tree up by road, near his favourite garden, which has a huge pond with alot of fish.
When I first got my chicks, and took them outside, There was Mr.Heron sitting by our small pond, even though we dont have any fish hehe.
Of course, Being The wannabe photographer I am, I ran in to get my phone(camera wasn't working back then, still not now...)
When I came back, i think I had got there just in time, seeing as the chicks where making loud chirping noises and looked they where trying to get away, before Mr.Heron got them. He seemed to be threatening them. Of course, when i came out He flew away.
I know now, not to make the same mistake again. But I as well, never thought they where a threat to young Ducklings, and ecspiecally chicks!!!

So, Nice To Look At.
But Be careful!
hmm.png

We have a fish pond with comets. A white heron kept coming and eating our fish. We started with over 60 and the heron ate over half of them. They are wading birds and love fish, so you may want to discourage the herons from visiting.

We have a Great Blue Heron that visits our pone occasionly. It does not have any fish, but plenty of frogs and little things like that. So it usually does not stay to long. They are quite beautifly birds.

Hi yall, well where I'm at we have several around. One day I was looking out the window at the chickens & they ran for cover. A big heron landed in the fig tree by the coop
ep.gif
My poor chickens cackled for 30 minutes almost non stop....At the time I didn't have any little ones.
They are some pretty birds.

Miriam

Back
Top Bottom