not so lil anymore !!! 8 weeks!

I have 10 bantams. 7 are silkies the other 3 I hsve no idea. One black one which is probably 5 inches high at 8 weeks so much smaller than the silkies which are the same age. I think the little black might be a roo, it is already try to crow at only 8 weeks.

Is it unusual for one to crow at such a young age. I've heard they didn't start crowing until 4 to 6 months of age.

I've read a few posts from people today saying that their chicks are already crowing. Just going off memory but I thought they were all pretty young, possibly younger than 8 weeks.

Your BR chicks are so adorable! I have 2 pullets and they are my lovies :)

Katie

Awe your BR are so cute!! Our flock Queen is a BR she is 10 weeks going on 11 weeks now!! I have two more they are 7 weeks now. AND 6 bantams! lol So much fun!

Thank you all! We love them ! The bantams we are brooding for my in laws there are 6 left out of 11 .;( they were in with their mamas and other bantams and the others got torn apart day by day ;( so my mil took them away from them to save the remaining babes . Poor things . They will re join her flock once they are big enough ;)

I have some amber sex link hens. Yesterday one of my girls layed 2 eggs within 2 hours of each other. I know it was the same girl because she's the only one that I have with a certain marking. Has anyone ever had this to happen to them or heard of it before. Everything I read says it take 24 to 26 hours for the to lay again.

I have some amber sex link hens. Yesterday one of my girls layed 2 eggs within 2 hours of each other. I know it was the same girl because she's the only one that I have with a certain marking. Has anyone ever had this to happen to them or heard of it before. Everything I read says it take 24 to 26 hours for the to lay again.

I didn't know that could happen ... Are u posititive it was her ? Actually watch her lay it and everything ?? Hmmm. Very wierd ..

Back
Top Bottom