Not social. Can I fix that?

chickenlady04

In the Brooder
Nov 15, 2015
My pullet, Peep, is not very chicken/people social. She mainly strays away from the rest of the flock and doesn't like people at all. We have a dog and Peep loves her. She follows her around any time she can. The only other chicken she will stay around is Millie, they are both Welsummers about 5 months old. I'm not sure this is something I could kind of help with but I know I can't fully get rid of her not liking people. If anyone has any tricks or things I could try please tell me!
hu.gif
hide.gif
idunno.gif
D.gif

I am not sure about how to make her more social with other chickens (hopefully someone else can help with that). But here are some of my ideas about getting her to be more social with people. Treats! I got my chickens and they wanted to stay very far away from me. Throw treats to her at first and slowly make it closer and closer to you. Hold your hand with the treats. Maybe at night pet her or touch her a little. Treats are my main method of training.
big_smile.png

Hope that helps a little! Good luck!
--Emma

I am not sure about how to make her more social with other chickens (hopefully someone else can help with that). But here are some of my ideas about getting her to be more social with people. Treats! I got my chickens and they wanted to stay very far away from me. Throw treats to her at first and slowly make it closer and closer to you. Hold your hand with the treats. Maybe at night pet her or touch her a little. Treats are my main method of training.
:D
Hope that helps a little! Good luck!
--Emma

Thanks! I'll try it!

Back
Top Bottom