Not something else...Guinea hurt......NOW 2 DEAD CHICKENS TODAY 10-19

I had one of my females (Mary) hurt her leg and she would not even use it. Hopped around on one leg for a few weeks. Did not really seem to bother her as she would hang out with the others, just could not keep up with them as fast. Well 2 months later she is just fine. Barely has a limp (getting better all the time). So as long as there is no infection I would just let time take it's course. Keep us posted!!

PS. We have two guinea that always hang out together one male, one female so we call them Mary and Joseph. Even when Mary was injured Joseph always stayed close by.

Quote:
LOL, Suicidal Guinea
lol.png
Hopefully he didn't burst any blood vessels in his boney little head while hanging upside down that will leave him a little "off" the rest of his life or something!
fl.gif
Sometimes they just know we are trying to help them, other times they think we are killing them
roll.png
Who knows, maybe you will end up with a tame little buddy at the end of the whole ordeal, lol.

It's kind of funny (but not), but when I went out to feed and water this evening... what do I see in one of my coops? A Chocolate Hen hanging by ONE TOENAIL stuck in the hardware cloth! What the heck!?!? There has to be an earthquake comin' or something, or it's just one of those nation wide stupid Guinea weeks, lol. I was able to push her nail free from the outside of the wire, so she didn't flip out completely, and she was fine, and did a running take off from the top of the built in brooder the second she was free and landed on the perch 10 feet away then immediately started fixing her messed up feathers with a cranky irritated attitude, she didn't want any one close to her on the perch on either side of her, lol
smack.gif

Peeps glad your bird wasn't stuck long!

My keet died last night. Guessing internal tramma from the distress of hanging for who knows how long!

jcatblum...I am sooo sorry your keet died.

I can at least report that my guinea seems to be doing better!
It is limping,using its foot/leg....thats improvement!
The swelling is almost gone but now I am able to see some
bruising in his 'ankle' area...but again feel he is doing better.
Still in his 'hospital cage' within the coop with the others, they
are all over his cage visiting....hope he continues improving!
fl.gif

again, sorry for your loss!
hugs.gif

I agree with PeepsCA.....some cosmic power in the universe
must be in the works....affecting all our birds for starters!!!
hide.gif

ep.gif
keep your eyes open and be prepared for the unexpected!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom