not sure I got what I ordered...opinions?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ky chicks, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ky chicks

ky chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    Yesterday I received my order of 6 chicks from My Pet Chicken. I ordered 2 Speckled Sussex, 2 Double Laced Barnevelders, and 2 Easter Eggers, one of which was dead this morning:(. I know EE's may not look alike, but I should have 2 pairs that look alike. I think I've id'd the 2 Speckled Sussex, and 1 barnevelder. One had puffy cheeks, so that's an EE (unfortunately the one that died). So that leaves me 2 unknowns, one of which should be a barnevelder, and the other an EE. What do you think? And what do I do if I was shipped the wrong chicks?
    [​IMG]
    I think the two closest to the top are the speckled sussex, and the one farthest to the right is a barnevelder. The other 2 (the lightest and darkest) are the unknowns.

2. afj6710

afj6710 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    can you post a bigger pic?

3. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

The picture is too little for me to tell. [​IMG]

4. ky chicks

ky chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    Sorry--I thought I put in a clickable picture so you could make it bigger. Let me try this again.
    [​IMG]
    Better?

5. when you are putting up the pic put up the image instead of the thunbnail which is what that is. Also could you put up individual pics? then it would be easyer to determine what they are.

6. It is clickable because I clicked on it but even then individual pics would be better.

7. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    It's hard to tell at such a young age, and that isn't exactly the best picture┬ů

8. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Staring from the top in the picture, 1 2 3 4 5.
    1 and 2 Sussex
    3 EE
    4 Barnevelder
    5 EE lightest

9. I agree the light yellow one is probably your EE.

10. Quote:one of the EE chicks died so there is only one EE in that pic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by