Not sure if injury or what...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by 6RandomBrownLayers, Jan 3, 2012.

1. 6RandomBrownLayers

6RandomBrownLayers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2011
    Hullo, I have a Speckled Sussex and her middle toes on both feet are kinda messed up. As best as I can describe it is at the last knuckle (is that what it is called?) is turned almost 90 degrees one way or the other. it doesn't seem to bother her at all, in fact she is the one that spends the most time outside and running around! [​IMG] [​IMG] Anyway, is this a big deal? It really doesn't seem to bother her, she is still as goofy as the others and don't tell them I said this but... she could be my favorite [​IMG] Is she messed up or is this typical for Sussexes? i wouldn't think it is but I'm kind of a chicken n00b lol.

2. 6RandomBrownLayers

Nov 23, 2011
    Nothing? I thought someone would have known something about this....

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

4. 6RandomBrownLayers

Nov 23, 2011
    Google image searched and its not curly toe paralysis. One toe at the last knuckle just turns at 90 degrees.... Hmm.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:I have had a chicken get her toe caught in fencing and that would do it. But it wouldn't account for it being on both feet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by