Not Sure if You've Got a Pullet or a Cockerel? Click here! thread 3

Pics

ChickenLover200

Crowing
8 Years
May 10, 2013
I'll be in the barn!
Figured I'd "branch out" and make another one of these. This is just to make sure that posts will get answered and they don't all collect in one thread.

For those who want to help determine breed or gender:
All can join in! All help is appreciated! Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

For those posting pictures chickens in question:
*Please try to limit to one or two birds in question per post. This helps so we don't get confused.
*Make sure to post individual pictures of each chick or chicken in question. (Ex. Head/comb/wattles, full body picture, natural light photos, etc.)
*Not every answer will be correct every time. Please keep this in mind before trading or reselling supposed cockerels. Don't assume we're always wrong though. Most of the time we are very accurate. Just remember that we only have pictures to guess from.
*Don't post several threads or post on every thread like this. If one of us isn't sure, we may refer you to another thread or a specific person to talk to. One post is fine. We will see it. Patience is a virtue.
*Don't freak out if no one replies to your post for a while. If no one replied, we may not have seen it and could us a friendly reminder OR, we are unsure.
*Lastly of all, ask lots of questions! All of us were new to the chicken world at some point. It isn't going to hurt anything to ask ton of questions.

Got any breed of gender questions? Post 'em!

~CL200

I have two chicks, a black australorp, named Pan, and a rhode island red, named fry (my mother named them, not me). Everyone seems to think I have two roos, but I think I have a hen and a roo. Judging from the picture, what do you think? Pan's comb is smaller and paler than Fry's, whose comb is a vivid red color, while Pan's is a pale pink color.

I have two chicks, a black australorp, named Pan, and a rhode island red, named fry (my mother named them, not me). Everyone seems to think I have two roos, but I think I have a hen and a roo. Judging from the picture, what do you think? Pan's comb is smaller and paler than Fry's, whose comb is a vivid red color, while Pan's is a pale pink color.
Both cockerels. Pan is most likely slower maturing :)

Back
Top Bottom