Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here!

Pics
7 week old Easter Egger

Pullet.

[/IMG]

Does the red developememt under the beak and above mean a male? (None have developed red under their beak) it's about 6 weeks old and is a barred rock (it's from a assorted bin if that helps anything) even the chick I thought was a roo doesn't have red under its beak who was also from assorted bin and has red on its comb as I posted earlier on this thread lol

That's a pullet :)

Hi there!

Hope you dont mind me jumping on the back of this thread....

I've a couple of 'roos in question' if you wouldnt mind sharing some expertise...

Thank you

7 wk RIR

Leg horn 7 wks (I'm trying to find a pic of his 'sister', she's smaller than 'he' is and 'her' tail is smaller

Light Sussex 7wk - much more red comb & wattle development than the other 2 (can get a comparative if helpful :) )

Thanks so much.

Hi there! Hope you dont mind me jumping on the back of this thread.... I've a couple of 'roos in question' if you wouldnt mind sharing some expertise... Thank you 7 wk RIR Leg horn 7 wks (I'm trying to find a pic of his 'sister', she's smaller than 'he' is and 'her' tail is smaller Light Sussex 7wk - much more red comb & wattle development than the other 2 (can get a comparative if helpful :) ) Thanks so much.
The RIR is a pullet, and the Light Sussex and leghorn or roosters! :)

Thank you! I guessed so about the LH & LS!

Here's the other leghorn and another sussex which I *think* may be a pullet.

Every breed seems to have its own comb and wattle specs for determining the gender. You need an expert in that breed to determine

Back
Top Bottom